Summer Transfer Window 2013

Looks as though Robert Lewandowski will be joining Bayern Munich from Dortmund this summer. Fee of around €20 million

I don’t get the furore around Lewandowski-he’s just not that good.

He’s a good player and €20m in today’s market is not a bad price. Don’t know why Bayern would need another tall physical goalscorer in any case as they already have Gomez and Mandzukic and I can’t see Guardiola going with a striker pairing. I will call this move as very unlikely to happen.

Thought United was a done deal there. There will be war if he goes to Bayern. Must ask my mate who is friends with the last Polish manager what’s the story.

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 735604”]I don’t get the furore around Lewandowski-he’s just not that good.

He’s a good player and €20m in today’s market is not a bad price. Don’t know why Bayern would need another tall physical goalscorer in any case as they already have Gomez and Mandzukic and I can’t see Guardiola going with a striker pairing. I will call this move as very unlikely to happen.[/quote]

He’s more of a hold-up player than an outright goalscorer so quite different to Gomez in that regard. That said, he still wouldn’t seem like an ideal fit for Guardiola.

I can confirm that this was a joke on Twitter that was unfortunately picked up by Sky Italia. No truth to it.

Actually I take that back. There is some truth to it. There is a genuine source behind this story in addition to that hoax.

Sky Italia broke the Guardiola to Bayern Munich story so I’m satisfied that there’s something to this tale too.

Talk that Barcelona have agreed to terms to sign Marc Andre Ter Stegen from Moenchengladbach. He’s the youngest and had the most potential of an outstanding crop of young German goalkeepers.

Juventus have been linked with a move for Alexis Sanchez in the summer. What Barcelona have done to Sanchez is a crime on football, they did the same to Zlatan but luckily he was smart enough to get out of there after one season. Sanchez has rotted away there for two seasons now and he is one of the most exciting attackers in the game today. Serie A will restore him if this moves comes to fruition. I’d love to see him at Roma.

Mauro Icardi to Inter is also said to be a done deal - Inter seem to be the last of the Italian sides to convert to purchasing promising young players and giving their own youth players a chance. I think Stramaccioni was left with a bad squad this year but I believe he should be given another year, they got some very promising young players now in the mould of Kovacic, Bennassi and the on-loan striking duo of Longo and Livaja.

Dzeko wants to return to Germany. You’d imagine Bayern would be the only side who could afford him, possibly Dortmund if they push the boat out after Lewandowski leaves. Dzeko is a much better player than Lewandowski anyway IMO.

I think Mancini’s biggest failing as City manager has been preferring Tevez and Aguero to Balotelli and Dzeko. Balotelli and Dzeko have more dynamism, intelligence and variety to their game, Aguero and Tevez are just two squatty little lads who try and run through you with the ball, they don’t make intelligent runs or offer a focal point in attack.

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 741349, member: 1052”]Dzeko wants to return to Germany. You’d imagine Bayern would be the only side who could afford him, possibly Dortmund if they push the boat out after Lewandowski leaves. Dzeko is a much better player than Lewandowski anyway IMO.

I think Mancini’s biggest failing as City manager has been preferring Tevez and Aguero to Balotelli and Dzeko. Balotelli and Dzeko have more dynamism, intelligence and variety to their game, Aguero and Tevez are just two squatty little lads who try and run through you with the ball, they don’t make intelligent runs or offer a focal point in attack.[/quote]
He mentioned Dortmund as a club he admires but not sure they’d want to spend big on him. If Bayern aren’t interested though City may have to cut a deal with someone.

I really like Dzeko, I think he’d be a big hit in Italy, Milan have been interested in the past but I can’t see them being so now given the depth and quality of their attack. Juventus probably won’t want another similarish player to Llorente (even though Llorente is a donkey and Dzeko is very good). He’d be a perfect signing for Inter, Napoli is also a realistic option given City’s interest in Cavani. I’d actually rather Dzeko to Cavani. Cavani is a good striker but he has done so well at Napoli as their tactics are perfectly suited to him, they are a counter attacking side who move the ball from back to front very quickly. When the approach play slows down Cavani begins to look a little ragged and usually comes looking for the ball. I don’t think Cavani will do nearly as well for any other team as he has for Napoli. City are very laborious in their build up play and that won’t suit Cavani at all.

Lewandowski would be a better fit for City than the Bambi on ice wannabe Dzeko. Dzeko has useful goal hanging abilities but terrible at taking the ball deep, linking up the play and can’t play up top by himself. Has been exposed as very pedestrian in the EPL despite a reasonable scoring return. Tevez has been on the wane for a couple of season now but City will find it difficult to shift such a character. Not sure what has happened Aguero this season but would back him to come good again. Aguero playing off Lewandowski seems a good fit to me.

Dzeko is very good at lining up the play. Rocko, does Dzeko play up top on his own for Bosnia?

No he usually plays with Ibisevic. But they have some good #10 types so he could do it I’m sure. 2 good strikers though so makes sense to play them both as it’s their strongest area.

Bale linked with Juve and inter this morning.

He’s going to be linked with every team to be fair at the mo…

The Italians are showing must interest, he will be a fine addition to that league.

The Times are reporting that PSG are going to test Manchester United’s resolve with a summer transfer bid for Wayne Rooney.