Summer Transfer Window 2014

Spurs have agreed a 10 million fee for Ben Davies after Swansea rejected an 8 million offer form Liverpool.

Will Rodgers go higher?

:smiley:

That’s usually how big players respond when playing in big games for their country.

Averaging more than a goal a game for his country in that timeframe. Scoring 10 goals in last seasons champions league and breaking goalscoring records domestically for his club. He has been consistently excellent for the past two seasons.

So has Marco Reus, especially in the big games

Reus hasn’t averaged a goal a game for his country or scored in the double figures in the champions league

He’s not a striker

So why the fuck are you comparing him to Zlatan?!

Oh I cannot come up with any stats on Marco Reus as he isn’t a striker yet I will use the fact that he is not one in defence of him when I compare his quality to a striker.

:smiley: Are you actually fucking serious :smiley: You compared him to two other strikers about an hour ago

Liverpool in for Marco Reus apparently.

Source bro?

Ah come on.

I forgot Muller from the list by the way.

Schweinsteiger was German player of the year 2 years ago, won the Champions League that season, won the World Cup this season. He had a very small dip in form at the end of this season but rebounded to be the best player in the World Cup final.

Reus is really talented, but so far he’s not proven himself at that level.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 984729, member: 1”]Ah come on.

I forgot Muller from the list by the way.

Schweinsteiger was German player of the year 2 years ago, won the Champions League that season, won the World Cup this season. He had a very small dip in form at the end of this season but rebounded to be the best player in the World Cup final.

Reus is really talented, but so far he’s not proven himself at that level.[/QUOTE]
Reus was player of the year in Germany two years ago. He scored twice against Real Madrid this season, nearly knocking them out of the champions league single handedly. He would have won the World Cup but for injury as well

Reus was player of the year for 2011/12 when he was at Monchengladbach. Unfortunately that falls outside your arbitrary 2 year cut-off. Schweinsteiger won it the next year. Reus won the players’ award this year.

I’m not arguing that Reus isn’t a great player. It’s just that he only has 2 seasons of European football under his belt and hasn’t played in a World Cup yet unfortunately. He hadn’t established himself in the German team by Euro 2012.

When you compare his achievements to those of Schweinsteiger over the past 2 seasons, you’re comparing a guy who won nothing to a guy who won 2 league titles, 1 Champions League and 1 World Cup and was a vital part of all of those successes. Stripping away the last 2 years for Schweinsteiger, takes away a period when he has been unbelievably successful. It’s not some barren period where he’s been scratching around for form.

Toni Kroos has joined Real Madrid for 20M.

It’s not comparable to other transfers because he only had a year left on his contract and was always going to go where he wanted, not to who offered Bayern the biggest fee. But still, is he only worth 67% of Luke Shaw? There’s no doubt that Shaw has done more at this stage of his career, he nearly broke into that England team ahead of Baines after all but Kroos might just be still improving.

Newcastle have signed Emmanuel Riviere from Monaco. He was fairly highly regarded as a prospect when he was younger, but the fact Monaco went for Berbatov as an emergency replacement for Falcao suggested they don’t think he has progressed all that much.

If it’s not comparable to other transfers, why are you comparing it to other transfers?