Summer Transfer Window 2016

bottom of the barrel stuff here

Willo Flood joins Dundee United for a fourth time
From the section Football

Willo Flood (left) was released by Aberdeen despite still having one year remaining on his deal
Irish midfielder Willo Flood has joined Dundee United for a fourth time after being released by Aberdeen.

The 31-year-old journeyman paddy signed a one-year deal with the Tannadice outfit, becoming manager Ray McKinnon’s sixth summer signing as they seek a return to the Scottish Premiership.

“I would not have dropped down the divisions for any other club,” Flood told the Dundee United website in his thick mick accent with a hint of a lisp.

“I hope that shows how much I want to be back at United.”

Flood made 152 appearances in his three previous spells at United, making two separate loan moves while at Cardiff City from 2007-2009, before returning in 2011 following spells at Celtic and Middlesbrough.

“The reason I have come back to United is primarily the manager,” he said with a right simpleton grin on his head.

"Everything he told me of his plans for the club I liked. His ambition, drive and desire convinced me this move would be good for me.

“I’m the same player, I want my team mates to do well and I will demand that of them and I will be a good teammate back.”

ay.

Tope Obadeyi, Cammy Bell, Stewart Murdoch and Lewis Toshney have all signed for United during pre-season.

Manager McKinnon, who replaced Mixu Paatelainen in May, said: "Willo is a fantastic footballer who can dictate games from the middle of the park. I have been chasing him since I came in. He is quality.

"He is the ideal player for us with his experience and ability. Willo is a winner who sets standards and on the training field which will be great for the young players within the squad.

“We need to ensure consistency in our performances and Willo will demand that of his teammates. I have had to be patient in bringing in new players but I have got six who I wanted now and that delights me.”

Earlier in the day Aberdeen announced the departure of Flood, who had been at Pittodrie since 2013, despite still having one year left on his current deal.

Flood made his final appearance for the Dons in the 1-0 Europa League loss to Fola Esch last week.

“He was as significant a signing that I’ve made since I came here and has played a pivotal role both on and off the park,” said Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes. “However its time for this paddy to go now, the famine is over and he needs to get his taig hole back to that priest infested backwater”

1 Like

yer man callum o’ dowd joined Bristol City

O’Dowda, Mick.

When Joe left Cork the first time I was certain he’d make a career over there, always seemed to have time back then in the LOI, lovely touch and a super playmaker.
I know that Roy O’Donovan was over there as well, he was another shit hot LOI player as a young lad.

1 Like

Possibly the most important player in the league winners last year, it’s a position Chelsea need depth in, I think it could be decent business for Conte.

yeah , he went there via sunderland , hartlepool after a great spell in Cork
is playing in Oz now their league, won goal of the season i think last year
@Fitzy may confirm…

Mahrez wants out of Leicester, perhaps they might renew their interest in Robbie Brady.

Cillian Sheridan in Cyprus

1 Like

Roy plays for my beloved Mariners, scored a cracking volley last season for goal of the year. That came after an 8 week (!) suspension for an elbow into the face of Manny Muscat, something I would have given him a medal for.
I expect a lot from him next season, hopefully we can start getting some decent ball into him as he looks a fairly good player, he’s a worker I’ll say that for him.

1 Like

Pogba to Utd done for £100 … Crazy, crazy shit for an above average player.

2 Likes

:joy:

€120m.

The world is fucked

Wow, they really flew under the radar with that deal.

1 Like

Wonderful signing by the biggest club in the world. :ronnyroar:

World record for a donkey.

I don’t see it with that kid at all.[quote=“ChocolateMice, post:190, topic:21961, full:true”]
Pogba to Utd done for £100 … Crazy, crazy shit for an above average player.
[/quote]

He went to utd in the end, mate.

3 Likes

:smiley:

Pogba is an unreal player.

1 Like

Zlatan and Pogba for €120m, wonderful business :ronnyroar:

Ferguson really mugged United off in the end.

• Left them with a shit squad
  • told them to appoint Moyes as his replacement
  • left a €120m player go for nothing

He must be laughing his head off

3 Likes

He is. Deschamps fucked up by not allowing him freedom to get forward in the Euros