Summer Transfer Window 2021

The same team who’d won the league a year previously at a canter that was stacked with quality like Costa, Hazard, Kante, Courtois etc? Hardly that much of a surprise. The 10th place was an anomaly because of the infighting with Jose when they were reigning champions.

2 Likes

Because it bothers you? I just want a discussion on it, you just want to censor it.

The same team which finished 10th the season before.

The Liverpool team Klopp led to an 8th place finish in his first season had been within a few points of an EPL title little over a season before. He was 3 points behind little old Leicester City when he took the job and finished 21 points behind them that season.

I’ve no problem discussing anything - you need to change your language to reflect that you are making an assertion rather than speaking in absolutes such as you are doing.

I don’t need to change my language. You need to learn what an assertion is.

Weren’t you supposed to quit the forum as a result of Conte getting bundled out of the CL in the group stages once again :joy:

Nope.

Conte is a good manager alright. His record in the Champions League leaves a lot to be desired though. Early exits with Juve, Chelsea and Inter while Klopp has delivered final appearances for Dortmund and Liverpool as well as ultimate glory in 2019. Two good coaches but I can’t see the relevance of this to Manchester City’s extreme spending.

City have spent a lot of money, so have Liverpool, so have Chelsea, so have Man Utd, so have Arsenal, so have Spuds, so have Man Utd.

City, United and Liverpool seem to be unique though in that they don’t sell off their important first team players.

1 Like

Liverpool have sold more star players than any other top English club in the last 15-20 years. Michael Owen, Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Fernando Torres, Luis Suarez, Raheem Sterling, Philippe Coutinho. The only reason star players are retained these days is because they want to play under a world class manager in Jurgen Klopp.

What star have Man United sold since CR7 in 2009? City have never sold a starter in the last 13 years. Sane left because he wasn’t a regular.

1 Like

Not under Klopp’s term. They have only lost Coutinho. He was been backed massively financially and in terms of faith by the board. Most clubs would have sacked him with the silverware drought he oversaw.

That’s what I said.

The three London clubs generally lose their star men every so often.

Pep
Pep
Pep!!!

€12m plus €2.5m in bonuses.

Conte being celebrated for managing a club that the world over knows washes money - Klopp being villainized for practicing prudent business practices.

They’ve lost Gini Wijnaldum a lynchpin of the Champions League, World Cup and Premier League winning to nouveau riche PSG as well. FSG have sold many a Liverpool star since their arrival, Klopp’s status within the game has sheltered Liverpool from such turmoil for the most part in recent years. Players around Europe just love Jurgen Klopp.

Chelsea? They’ve lost far fewer key players than Liverpool. Just Hazard and Courtois since 2003 and both of those have been duds for Real Madrid as well. Not even sure Courtois constitutes a key man tbh and Chelsea had a transfer embargo(I wonder why🤔) in the pipeline when Hazard decided to jump ship for footballing reasons (he hadn’t played in that seasons champions league after Conte failed to qualify in 2018).

oofffttt

I’m talking exclusively about the Klopp era. Klopp has received a level of financial and personal support from the Liverpool owners not afforded to any manager before him. Chelsea also had Matic sold to a rival, a move Conte vehemently opposed as he was a regular and key player in his team. Liverpool have only lost Coutinho since that time.

Wijnaldum could have stayed if Liverpool really wanted him. The same way City could have kept Aguero if they wanted.

Usual buffoons don’t even understand what “washing” is. Washing is selling below market value to make dirty money, clean. Liverpool are selling above market value Same lads unable to grasp the basics on multiple threads.