Summer Transfer Window 2021

They sold Ian Rush to Juve the same summer as Beardsley and Barnes came in so I’d imagine the Rush sale covered a nice chunk of the net spend that year.

Barnes must have been a decent price?

they were spending more than everyone around them and won accordingly. different amounts same principle

They got 3.2m for Rush.
Barnes (1.1) and Beardsley (1.9) came in at less than that. Net spend kings of the 80s

2 Likes

Hand back those trophies

1 Like

Sure that includes the disastrous signings of 1991. Souness had an ageing squad and got a wad of cash that he fucked away. Dean Saunders at 2.9m and Mark Wright at 2.5m there in summer of 91. No leagues won with them. Derby mugged off Liverpool.

I’d be more interested in a 1980s net spend table

2 Likes

sure you’d just make excuses for that too. Never your fault

Wow. Some lads got triggered real fast.

Will Grealish really improve city much? At that sort of price I’m not so sure it’s a great signing. He’s a good player but I’m not sure he’s significantly better than Man City’s other options. He isn’t really a pep sort of player either.

3 Likes

Vile comment

Very good signing. You’d wonder will Pep be there much longer anyway?

@myboyblue can you give us the optimal starting XI for city this season (inclusive of Grealish + Kane)?

I would say he is a Pep player, extremely good at retaining and keeping the ball. Pep will blunt his creative side though and hone him into someone who solely buys frees, holds onto the ball and plays little triangle passes.

1 Like

Vile club

Derby are to Liverpool in the 90’s that Southampton are to Liverpool in the 10’s

and Bournemouth

1 Like

I’d definitely find a place for Summerbee

Mané and VVD decent signings from Southampton though

Is there a fourth generation coming through?

A broken clock is right twice a day.