Super Blues 2017

He was indeed.

He is okay. Not a bad fella, I would have known him well enough back in the day before I gave up the soccer.

Not sure mate.

I wouldn’t agree that we’re a “nice little passing side” tbh. It’s horrific. I’m not sure where the myth that Russell sides play good football comes from, because we haven’t seen it at Limerick. It’s backwards, backwards, sideways, sideways, back to the goalie, hoof, lose the ball. And when that doesn’t happen, the high press means we lose the ball during one of those sideways phases as we did tonight and we get punished.

It’s just stupid, awful to watch stuff. We had started alright tonight, up until the mistake. It was a bad pass by Kelly, Whitehead got in the way and Maguire capitalised. After that, Cork totally dominated and it could have been 3 or 4 by half-time rather than just 2. Maguire missed a good chance, Dooley hit the bar.

Russell made changes, brought two players on, changed formation but it didn’t matter as Cork killed it within 90 seconds. We did play better in the second half but the game was dead and we still frustratingly didn’t score.

O’Connor looked good when he came on which was one positive, and Lee-J was again the only one who tried to make things happen.

How Turner managed to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes tonight, I have no idea, he was awful. Everyone in Limerick must by now that he is only good going forward. Giving him the ball when he’s coming backwards at goal is just stupid and Cork knew exactly how to deal with him.

Tosi’s touch has gone to shit, was poor tonight, although did create one of our better chances. Robson was awful for the 2nd goal, but I still think he was harshly called ashore. I think Whitehead has done well this season but he lost all confidence after the first goal and that’s not something you want against Maguire. O’Conor may as well not have been playing in the 2nd half, Duggan was anonymous. Ogbene was a bit of a threat, won a few frees but he’s very very raw. I thought O’Flynn was alright when he came on.

Not totally impressed by Clarke, some very poor distribution. But some good ones too and did make a few smart saves. Couple of dodgy moments leave me wondering though.

With the players out there, we should be doing better than that. Real lack of a gameplan, reverted to long balls against the Cork giants. Madness.

An awful performance Friday… Started well and had a decent effort through the header but heads dropped all over the place once we conceded… the football they played was stupid, trying to play it around the back like they were Barcelona and once Caulfield pushed his attackers on the pressure Limerick we fell apart… As my spy in the Cork camp said, once John saw what we were at he just told his players pressurize our backs and they would win handy. The away team were also shocked that Turner stayed on so long, they were delighted… I’ve also been informed that Gaffeny is in talks with Cork and is looking like he will join them.

Lynch and Ogbene were decent, the rest didn’t want to know…the manager needs to fuck right off with the football he is playing and is only asking for trouble. It might have worked in Div. 1 but he is in the big leagues now.

Great bit of banter in Gerry O’Deas before kick-off with both sets of fans giving gentle verbals to each other. I started in Charlie Malones about 4 so was slightly merry by the time I got to O’Dea’s - I wasn’t long sobering up when that second goal went it.

Back to basics please.

1 Like

My spy in the Limerick camp said neither of the centre halves had trained in the week leading up to the game due to injury. There was surprise they both started.

1 Like

They never REALLY started .

If they had scored with that header it could have been a different game…

While everyone was raving about MaGuire I though their no.8, McCormack, was a lovely little player - just sat in midfield and popped up everywhere breaking up play and starting a new attack.

Cork were nothing amazing on the night, they were well organized and had a few players with a bit about them but they are very beatable.

Shut up ya faggot, you got hammered.

I did, had about 10 pints and smoked a joint for the first time in a long time - I was bolloxed.

2 Likes

McCormack is class, he always runs the show against us too.

Limerick have sacked their manager according to twitter :laughing:

It has been coming for a long time. He’s no loss.

He deserved more than 6 games though surely?

Fuck.

It’s barely a month since the opening night massacre of Sligo which heralded Limerick mounting a serious title challenge.

3 Likes

Another thing . Who decided to call Limerick v Cork “the Munster Derby” . What is crock of shit .

1 Like

If rumours are true (online + offline) he has been on borrowed time for a year - Pat is not a big fan but gave him the benefit of the doubt…

I suppose with three going down he wants to sort it earlier rather than later… Probably should have done it pre season if he felt that way about it … Not sure who he gets in but the fuck acting they have been doing on the pitch had to be stopped and it ddin’t look like Russell was gonna change.

I fully expect us to win the league now that we are not being held back.

Limerick Football Club and Martin Russell have today parted company by mutual consent. Chairman Pat O’Sullivan and Marin Russell have released the following statements:
“The board and Martin had a meeting this morning. Following a discussion we mutually agreed to go our separate ways. The board and Martin subsequently met the players to inform them of Martin’s departure.
All at Limerick FC wish to thank Martin for his tremendous contribution to the club’s development since joining in 2014, and we would like to express our sincere gratitude for his hard work and commitment throughout that time.
His role in winning the First Division last year in such spectacular fashion, as well as reaching the final of the EA Sports Cup, will not be forgotten and secures his place in our club’s history. He will always be warmly welcomed back to the Markets Field.” – Pat O’Sullivan.
“Following a meeting this morning the Club and I have mutually and amicably decided to part-company. I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to Pat O’Sullivan for the opportunity to have managed Limerick Football Club. I would also like to wish everyone at the club, players and staff, the very best for the future in driving the club forward to achieve their goals” – Martin Russell.
There will be no further comment until a new appointment is made.

Limerick sport is box office :clap:

Ian Turner might as well go with him.