Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

Here wrong year earlier

1 up against Bohs

Disappointing to concede in the last minute. Thought we were set up fairly well, it was a scrappy game, probably should have another goal, Marky Sullivan missed a very good chance.

Sickener.

Mugged off bang on the 90th minute by what looked like an offside equaliser. About the only time all night the linesman kept his flag down ffs. Feels like a defeat in all honesty but would happily have taken four points from the first two games. But to be so close to six points is galling.

Poor enough game and in the cold light of day Bohs probably deserved a point.

However I am seething and not necessarily because of the result. The last couple of seasons the surface has been immaculate. Sadly they’ve taken to playing rugby football matches on it and it was nothing short of diabolical. Bumps and bounces galore. Difficult to play even basic ten yard passes. Another fucking schools kids match being played there on Tuesday apparently too. They’ve plenty of rugby football grounds they can use. Disgraceful that the pitch is being ruined. RANT OVER.

Attendance of 2,225. It was cold.

Dundalk gaffer Stephen Kenny was an interested observer ahead of the Super Blues trip to Oriel on Tuesday night.

3 Likes

Decent crowd.

Looked offside alright, but linesman better view than me. Surface appalling Good start to season though #superblues

Think I saw Bradley spying too, could be mistaken.

Phone died for last 20… Disappointed to learn of late concession but a decent start to season all the same.

Pity it’s not 2 from 2 but it’s a really encouraging start. The preseason coverage would have you thinking we were relegation fodder. At least it now looks like we can compete

Caulfield there aswell

If they didn’t let the ruggers use the pitch it would’ve been a goal. Ball bounced up as he was about to strike it

Hon the Superblues

6 Likes

#LIMERICKFC TEAM: Clarke, Kelly, Cantwell, D Dennehy, Tracy, Fitzgerald, Duggan ©, Wearen, Walsh-O’Loghlen, B Dennehy, Ellis.

Subs: Holland (GK), Whitehead, Brouder, Murphy, O’Sullivan, McGowan.

A few changes from the weekend. Cantwell in for Whitehead, W-OL for Kearns & Ellis up front for Marky Sull. Young Willie Fitz gets a start too. No Cian Coleman who will be a big loss.

Missing due to illness according to twitter

I would be all over the any unquoted at 7/2, Dundalk -2 at 15/8 and win and over 3.5 at 9/5. I predict a hammering here.

3 Likes

Super blues fans have no interest in the Beal bocht anymore,
3-1 to the good guys

Might have a stream for Android / Laptop/PC users.

Will know closer to kick off

No joy on the stream.

Alan O Brien provides decent Limerick coverage for every game.