Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

Edit.

Not Duggie.

Get in!!!

Terrific result. Tommy Barrett’s Blue Army! Nearly crashed the car on the Patrickswell bypass when the goal went in.

Great day for Sporting Limerick, all the results went our way today.

Looking forward to the match report from @chops91

6 Likes

Unreal 4 hours for Limerick. Un fucking real.

1 Like

But of trouble after the game. One of our lads arrested. Going to be longer getting home :weary::weary:

2 Likes

Was it one of those idiots often causing trouble? Bald head and his red head tracksuit wearing friend. They were a jokeshop at Bohs away last year.

Nope. Plus I wasn’t at bohs last year so can’t really comment

1 Like

Right just back from Sligo and have work at 11 so I’ll make this quick.

Right so second half started with Sligo having the ball but not doing much with it. Our shape held up very well and as tommy said a few weeks ago everyone gave 110% which tbh I was surprised with. All of a sudden their new Brazilian lost the ball in the middle. It was played out to Duggy who put a beautiful ball onto Darren Dennehys head who was still in the box from the previous corner. After that Sligo panicked and we should have a few more goals up on the counter. Danny kearns has a shot going in top corner and the Sligo keeper pulled off a fantastic save (well worth a watch on soccer republic) Darren Dennehy had a header cleared off the line and William Fitz just on the pitch could have wrapped it up but hit it straight at the keeper

In the end we held on comfortably. Sligo created nothing of note in the second half. Standout players definitely Coleman, Wearen and Duggan in the middle. Held their shape all game which made it hard for Sligo to break us down. Danny Kearns is going to be superb this year for us and Mark O Sullivan didn’t get any chances(but as we know when he gets them he will score) worked very hard up top. Reminded me of Chris Mulhalls workrate.

So good 3 points, more confident now that we will have a great chance of staying up. Not the best footballing team but we will keep our shape make it hard for teams to break us down and counter with Kearns and Billy Dennehy.

Highlights of the trip include a very nice quarter pounder up there, Billy Dennehy giving us a little smile when he heard his chant and in fairness Danny Kearns after the game came over and shook all our hands.
EUROPE BECKONS :joy::joy:

7 Likes

2018 is the year of the Limerick

2 Likes

How many hands did Danny shake mate ?

Danny Dyer will be giving ye a call @chops91

4 Likes

We’re the blue army we do what we want :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

5 Likes

No sign on of the Gearys from Feenagh :open_mouth:

What’s the story with Tosi, did he just disappear?

No evidence of what he is up to when you Google him

Confirmed :disappointed_relieved:

I liked Freddie, good keeper.

Good luck Freddie. An all round good guy.

Where to ??

The club has released a statement saying he has expressed a wish to return home due to personal reasons.