Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

Some cross by Tracy for the goal, he can really whip a ball. Morrissey was good when he came on, Ellis did very little to be honest and Morrissey looked very lively - his first touch was immaculate.

Was a strange game, poor enough quality but we were marginally the better team without really creating too many chances. Willie Fitz took a very heavy touch when he was through on goal, Wearen hit a cutback straight at the keeper, we had a couple of free kicks right on the edge of the box as well as a few balls flashed across goal. Struggled to get numbers into the box regularly.

Bray only had one real chance after Kearns lost the ball very sloppily but Clarke did well to save. Bray were poor and didn’t look that bothered about fighting for an equaliser tbh. Bit odd.

Big big win though, massive 3 points.

Yurt.

God awful game but a massive three points. Will take getting beat 8-0 by Dundalk in every game this season if it means we beat Bray four times. Nice cushion above them already.

Sublime cross by diamond Shane Tracy. Decent finish by Morrissey who looked the part when introduced.

Bray looked very poor. How the hell did they get a point at Oriel on the first night???!!!

7 points from 12 is a great return. Tough one on Monday night but Derry have started the season poorly so hopefully we can snatch a point up at the renovated Brandywell.

How has fitzgerald looked?

He was the best player on the park last night.

1 Like

Looks a fine prospect, Limerick’s main threat on the night. Unlucky in the first half when through on goal but a heavy touch let him down.

His mum was sat near us, works in a school in town - my pal at the game has his son in there. Meant to be a nice, lovely lady.

1 Like

He’s still very raw but definitely has something about him. Has great pace but nice feet too, will cause teams problems.

Derry away tonight. Again, these long away trips on weekdays are tough on the part-time teams. Derry battered the other night, back in the Brandywell, will be looking to make amends. A draw would be a great result but we need to field our strongest team.

1 Like

Tough run of games coming up.

Derry away tonight.
Cork home Friday.
Rovers home next Monday.

At least the two next weekend at home. I know the Dundalk result was bad but I can’t wait for a crack off Caulfield & Bradley. Just need to be resilient and hard to beat.

Some weekend of live sport ahead, two of those, league quarter-final against Clare and the club in an U-21 final. Probably won’t make the trip to Aughrim though.

Would be some end to the weekend if we can pinch something tonight.

Friday - beat Bray.
Saturday - footballers beat Waterford.
Sunday - hurlers promoted.

And the Ladies Soccer won yesterday too I think

Why was Billy not on the squad on Friday night

I think he was sick during the week

1-0 Derry.

4-0 Derry back to the pit of misery.

Five down and a disgrace. The two full backs are shocking. He needs to rejig this and put pace in the full back places.

Lads, we shouldn’t be losing 5-0 to Derry with our strongest team out.

To be honest the squad is light and limited and two games in three days is hard . A trip to Derry make things hard. Derry were always going to be utterly fired up tonight .

It’s going to be a long long season . The only thing is that bray will really struggle and after that we will be battling . The next 2 games could be ugly .

It’s limited, but it’s not that limited.

I haven’t seen the two thrashings but in the three home games (admittedly against 3 of the weaker sides of the division), we’ve looked workmanlike, but defensively secure and compact. Not near conceding that amount of goals.