Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

Here pissed in The Left Bank in Kilkenny.

Magic.

Go on @chops91 lad

1 Like

Still unbeaten at home.

Fortress Markets Field.

So I’ve seen Limerick 3 times this season, and they did not look like a team that has or would concede 8 or even 5 goals in any of them. We’ve looked well set up, maybe lacking a bit of conviction in the final third but have still created chances while limiting the opposition for the most part. Okay, we’ve played some of the weaker teams but it was similar against Cork. We’ll see how we get on against Rovers on Monday.

Tommy Barrett speaks fairly well and I like the fact that he was annoyed that we didn’t get the win. I thought he was mad bringing on Karl O’Sullivan, who looked extremely nervous and, to be honest, poor in his first ten minutes. But then he carved Cork open with mazy dribble and really should have scored at the end of it, hit it straight at McNulty. But did look lively going at players.

Saw at the end, Cork loading up the Dominos order on the bus; you’d think after coming all the way to Limerick, they’d at least get Donkey Ford’s instead of fucking Dominos. With that kind of decision-making, they won’t win the league.

:smiley:

1 Like

When did this “Munster derby” shit start ??

Fair comment surely??

What are you talking about?

Limerick FC strongly condemns the use of pyrotechnics at Friday’s SSE Airtricity League Premier Division fixture against Cork City.

The club, our first-team management and players were delighted with the vocal support that the team received throughout the derby game and the atmosphere that was created by our supporters at the Markets Field.

That level of support and the volume of backing helped to inspire the players on the pitch to earn a well-deserved and very positive point against the league leaders and last year’s double winners. Your support is greatly appreciated by all involved at Limerick FC.

However, the use of pyrotechnics, in particular flares, by a minority of people is totally unacceptable and strictly forbidden. First and foremost, it poses a serious health risk to the persons responsible and innocent bystanders in their vicinity.

Secondly, such actions result in hefty fines that the club simply cannot afford. Should this type of behaviour continue or reoccur, we are making supporters fully aware that the FAI has the power to close sections of the stadium.

Limerick FC will be imposing a zero-tolerance policy on those found to be responsible for such actions, and in working with An Garda Síochána we will ensure that anybody identified will be issued with a banning order from the stadium.

The club reiterates its thanks to our supporters who fully got behind the team in the right manner on Friday, and we look forward to you creating another loud atmosphere in backing the players against Shamrock Rovers back at the Markets Field on Monday (kick-off 6.30pm).

Pitch inspection at 10am.

Match is on.

2 Likes

We all love pyro

Home draw to Cobh in the EA cup

cc @mickee321

Big game tonight away to Pats. At 5/1 I think we might be worth a cheeky tenner.

Would be happy with a point.

Stronger bench than last week anyway.

Foley came on last week but not even on the bench this week- Tracy, Maguire & Walsh O’Loughlin all return, Brouder drops down and O’Sullivan & McGowan ahead of him anyway.

I just don’t see it with this Henry Cameron chap.

Neil McDonald out of a job again I see

Throw up a link