Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

I presume they just ran out of money last year?

That’s the word locally anyways. Cash has dried up significantly.

Tell JP to forget about the boathouse roof

Give it Giggsy to the end of the season.

1 Like

Limerick FC are in serious financial trouble. McDonald bailing is only the tip of it.

We’ll be back playing up in Pike Rovers in a couple of seasons.

The dodgy turkish betting firm will save us

An enormous amount of money has been squandered in recent years. Don’t have any real football people on the board. Just have made bad decision after bad decision in recent years.

• renting out Thomond Park when it costing them thousands for every home game.
  • sticking with Russell last season and jettisoning him during the first sticky spell.
  • Henry Cameron being one of the highest paid players in the club and hardly being good enough for Carew Park.

On and on. Wasted an absolute fortune.

Renewed the season ticket two days ago :see_no_evil:

2018 Squad

It takes a lot of money to run a football club, and we’re not exactly raking in attendance money. But when you look at some of the crazy decisions that have been made over the past few years even.

Cameron is one of the best recent examples. Absolute lunacy.

I don’t know what kind of wages Coleman, Kearns & Morrissey are on but surely first & foremost, we should be tying down the few quality players we have. The likes of Lynch & Clarke particularly who probably would stay on. And if we’re going gutting the squad, maybe we should have kept Kenny. Not good enough for a team who want to challenge for top half but I can’t imagine his wages were that high and he was a starter last season.

A lot of the decent players that you think might sign for Limerick have been snapped up; Waterford, Galway & Sligo have picked up a few of them. And Galway are in the First Division (as of now anyway). The hope for a busload of UK players probably dies with McDonald going… might still get 1 or 2.

Your time is now Roddy Collins.

It is some joke. It is no wonder half the town enjoy sneering at Limerick FC (many of them junior soccer folk themselves).

Pat should just stick to hiring LOI men as Brits will be gone back over home once a half decent job comes up. Taylor left to be manager of Villa U21’s (I think) and now this guy reckons an assistant managers job in the back-arse of the English lower leagues is a better career move for him. Out of boredom I looked up who was Scunthorpe’s manager. It is that chap Graham Alexander with about 10,000 league appearances over 25 years and who never pissed penalties. He finally got one year in the premier league with Burnley in the twilight of his career a few years ago. I can’t see any overlap of his career with McDonald’s. My guess is that Neil is living off being Big Sam’s number 2 and no doubt the big man is giving him a decent reference.

Where does it go from here if we do stick at home? Roddy can’t be the only option? Fenlon probably wouldn’t want it and his team play boring football.

If Willie John has completed his courses, I’d just give it to him.

Tommy Lynch

TBF to the English chap, presumably he was told there’s no money there and just said fuck this.

1 Like

My sources indicate that Noel O’Connor has been sounded out about taking over.

2 Likes

The butcher?

Noelie wouldn’t have the time for that kind of thing but as my butcher of preference I’d take fierce pride in his appointment

Any one considering the job will need to be aware of the financial situation . The writing was on the wall last season when players began to leave .

Financial situation

Is there a rabbit in that hat ??

1 Like

It’s kind of pathetic that we have no real squad and no manager as the seasons is about to commence. Looks like another tough year ahead. We need to get someone in charge for a long term contract. Can’t have managers leaving every few months.