Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

Apparently the club is 250k in debt…

Munster rugby in debt ; limerick GAA in debt & Limerick FC in debt .

To paraphrase CJH “ as a sporting community we are living beyond our means”

That’s the price of all that success

2 Likes

A grand don’t come for free .

McDonald was contracted for this season and next. Reputedly on an annual six figure salary. €200k or €300k from Scunthorpe would cover a good chunk of this years costs.

Any day now these lads will arrive…

1 Like

No odds on PP for relegation but Limerick and Bohs are both 66/1 for the league.

Sligo are 50 and Bray 40.

Are Bohs really that bad?

Scunthorpe in for Ogbene, Sky sources are telling me.

He also says Ogbene unlikely to go until July and Limerick were compensated for McDonald leaving

Ellis isn’t spectacular but he’s only a young fella, a lot of scope for improvement and I would see it as a fairly positive signing.

Cunneen also said that Jason Hughes is training with Limerick. I’m one of those who thought he was very poorly treated and there were worse players than him playing over the past couple of seasons.

The club is a joke every single year. There is always something in a season. As people said it all starts with the board. No footballing people on the board. They have made some horrible decisions over the last few years. Bringing in Stuart Taylor instead of Stephen Kenny was the start of it. Taylor had one of the biggest budgets in the league and we still only finished mid table. Going to thomond Park did cost a lot of money but at the time had no choice otherwise we couldn’t play in the premier. They then brought in Martin Russell and it worked for that season. Following season they cut the budget and we got relegated. Another massive mistake then was giving a massive budget for the first division when there was no need. Then bringing in McDonald on what I heard was 2-3 grand a week. The board need an overhaul and put people on it who know about football aswell as business people.

Seem him a few times. Bets in good positions but a few times against us missed sitters. If he plays week in week out he might improve massively.

Danny Morrissey is a goal scorer as long as we keep him fit because he is very injury prone.

The big one for me is kearns. Has been a very good player for years but was muck with Sligo last year. Big season for him

Crisis - What crisis.

Bray were busy yesterday…

Limerick would want to get some players signed pronto. Brentford being linked with Ogbene now too. With him being linked to so many clubs id say we can assume he’s going to leave at some stage…

A joke of a football club

no not at all
Fuad Sale left and they replaced him with Keith buckley from bray
akinarapist went to waterford but they still have corcoran
same stuff last year, they have virtually 0 budget but at really decent boss and a good young squad,will be more than grand

Ex gaffer Stuart Taylor has joined the Huns coaching staff :astonished:

Super blues indeed :astonished:

As you mentioned ex Super Blues…

martin Russell is currently managing all the LOI players who are out of contract
they train up in abbbotstown