Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

Striking won’t do much good, the club will be disbanded if that happens. Maybe they could insist on taking all gate receipts at the next home game instead

Players to be paid tomorrow. Can’t sign any players for the rest of the season

Can they sign lads from junior in town as semi-pros?

Wonder where the dough came from

http://www.limerickfc.ie/limerick-fc-statement-17-july-2018

After the players voting to strike will this weeks fixture go ahead? The game vs St Pats was due to be on Eir Sport

Ya they have to give 7 days notice so it will start next Tuesday. The statement the club released today was absolutely ridiculous

yeah that’ll go ahead lads

I appreciate that not being paid is absolute bullshit, particularly since they get paid fuck all for the most part at the best of times. But now that they have been paid it hardly makes sense to strike and stop any small bit of income coming into the club from getting through? If they could get assurances they had first dibs on the gate or something and just see the season out,and go their separate ways after, that would surely be preferable?

1 Like

Obviously none of the lads post on here as I’m sure @Copper_pipe could connect them up with some lads that could make the squad a lot of money in the coming games.

1 Like

Thry are sponsored by an obscure Turkish betting company so I’d say they are well sorted for that

Too close to home for me to be doing that :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Judge spoofing away there, I was seething listening to his gibberish.

Felt sorry for Tommy Barrett, this mess is nothing to do with him.

Part Time soccer is on the way id say

If not no time soccer

We are a hurling county now apparently,

The statement was funny yesterday about how fiscally prudent they were, working off lower estimates of crowds than previous years and the problem was not even these crowds turned out and attendances are way down.
No mention of why the crowds were down though, or that they sold off half the team between the end of last season and the start of this one as maybe a potential reason for this. :grinning:
Basically the fans stopped turning up, so we had no money. Not our fault.

1 Like

Live on Eir Sport @ 8pm

When did Colman Kennedy sign?