Super Blues - Official Thread 2016

Massive boost to Limerick with the signing of Patrick Kanyuka with Shan United in Myanmar.

Has anyone got his agents number? My dreams of being a professional soccer player may not be dead yet.

1 Like

You need a youtube clip like this (of you just lumping ball as far as you can up the field):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5FZQcINLg

:grin:

An exhibition of safety first defending

If in doubt, fuck it out

Looks like this lad played with the wrong Limerick. Did Teege ever get a good look at him? #layveitinlong

Whack it.
Although he seemed to have problems connecting with a football so might have struggled even more with a sliothar.

We are going up, we are going upā€¦we are going up, we are going up.

Great t see an attendance of 1300 tonight in the Markets field. A good win to match, Greene sounded like he was a right handful, they look to have made some decent signings added to a strong core from last season.

Just back from Fortress Markets Field.

Cracking win. Started off well, should have been a couple up before UCD scored totally against the run of play with their first - and only - attack of the game. A bad mistake from Freddy Hall who failed to deal with a lofted inswinging free kick.

Greene was lively on the left wing and equalised with a sweet daisy cutter.

Then came the games turning point. As Limerick broke up field the linesman flagged for an off the ball incident and after consultation between the officials the referee dished out a red card to a UCD player, much to the visitors chagrin.

After the break the extra man told. Duggan bossed the game and his incisive pass played Greene through and he finished with aplomb. UCD old boy Chris Mulhall made it three before Shane Tracy, operating in centre midfield all night, completed the rout.

All in all a pleasing night. Greene is a premier division standard player and is a great acquisition. Cork, Dundalk and a couple of League Two clubs were after him. Stephen Kenny on the right wing was decent too.

Official attendance of 1,252. Waterford away next Friday night and work commitments have fallen kindly so Iā€™ll be able to attend the RSC for that one.

Got back to the car to hear Len Dineen Snr and Len Dineen Jnr moaning about the paltry crowd over at the rugby so that capped a decent night.

We are going up!

7 Likes

Should have won that about 10-1, so many chances missed. John Oā€™Flynn missed at least 2 clearcut chances, Green missed about 2 or 3 to get a hat-trick, same with Duggan. Mulhall fell over when he had an open goal.

But a great win all the same, just way ahead of the likes of UCD. If that is the standard of most of the division, we really should be dominating it. Green is a class act, Mulhall looked very good up front. I thought Duggan had a bit of nightmare, his first touch was way off but heā€™s a top player and will no doubt boss games for most of the season.

Missing Kelly, Oā€™Conor, Oā€™Flynn, Lynch from the starting team so we should improve.

Not going to the RSC thoughā€¦ never fucking again. Sat about two miles from the pitch and no doubt Roddy will fuck us over as usual.

1 Like

Up 4 -0 away to Waterford.

1 Like

5 - 2 coming up to full time

4 Likes

Fair play,thatā€™s a great win. 9 goals in 2 games, could be an entertaining season.

My only worry would be how we play on some of the shitter pitches. Marketā€™s Field & the RSC are probably the two nicest surfaces in the league.

1 Like

Just back from The RSC.

Clinical display against a limited Waterford side. Looked threatening from every set piece before the entertainer Robbie Williams headed us into the lead from a corner. Aaron Greene doubled the advantage by tapping home after the impressive Stephen Kenny saw his initial effort parried. The game ended as a contest right on half time when Paul Oā€™Conor, introduced only minutes before for the injured Shane Duggan, saw his deflected drive from distance nestle in the back of the net.

Oā€™Conor bagged his second from a header before we slacked off and the home side grabbed two late consolations before Greene pounced on a dreadful defensive lapse to tuck home his fourth league goal from two appearances.

Nice little ground since they added the second stand. Roddy is apparently getting well remunerated for his stay down there with accommodation in the woodlands hotel also part of the package apparently. Was chatting to a couple of Waterford lads, thoroughly alright sorts.

All in all a good nights work. 9 goals in two matches. Nice to see Caulfield and cork beaten tonight too. Hopefully can get a big crowd for the Cobh game next Saturday.

Clonmel rivals Portlaoise for the sheer number of roundabouts in it. A pure dose.

5 Likes

ā€˜Just back from the RSCā€™

What an opening line! Dodgy, I just donā€™t know about you kid.

I donā€™t know about myself either half the time, pal :smile:

Footballers worth a couple of quid at 11/8 tonight?

I donā€™t know that they are. They certainly have a chance but after blowing 5 games they could have won already this year.

Cork, Waterford, chipp, Longford, Kildare

I assume you are going in for 5pm?

Yeah, will be in for both.

Last chance saloon for the footballers really. Iā€™d imagine thereā€™ll be a few changes from the team named due to injuries.

Mind you Westmeath havenā€™t won a game since they beat Meath in the championship last summer either.

1-0 up versus Cobh coming to half time