Super Blues RIP (For at least 2020 anyway)

:man_shrugging:

Explain that to me please.

Limerick 37 making a come back?

Pitch inspection before the game goes ahead. Galway underwater again

I’m trying to confirm If any Powers shops have been hit by people backing Galway.

Shops in Clare and Limerick were hit for Sligo -2

Unites have hit form finally. If this goes ahead they’ll be looking for their 4th consecutive victory…

For a bit of context, the Asian broker I use can get me 9k on @ 4/5 if I wanted it :hushed:

There’s no glory in beating this limerick team at the minute. They could be celebrating more than Galway at the final whistle :joy:

Absolute insanity. I really don’t get how they make money. Are there just absolute mentallers in Asia backing Irish soccer for massive money and not having a breeze about whats going on?

9K is small money.

The price reflects the market. 4/5 would suggest their book is pretty even.

My source tells me that between shop bets and online , powers have taken 10 bets so far on the game.

He says the big bets usually come closer to kick off…

It seems Pat is applying for examinership.

Excuse my ignorance but what will examinership mean?

The owner of League of Ireland First Division club Limerick FC plans to apply for examinership in the Circuit Court this week as the company that runs the club has debts of €300,000 and faces losing its professional licence.

Football sources say Noel Mooney, the interim Football Association of Ireland (FAI) general manager, has sought assurances from Pat O’Sullivan, the club’s owner, that he will not apply for a licence for next season, but O’Sullivan has not complied.

It is understood the FAI wants to seek expressions of interest from other clubs or investors who would be interested in applying for a professional club licence and taking Limerick’s place.

However, O’Sullivan’s Munster Football Club Ltd, which trades as Limerick FC, is in talks with Neil Hughes, an accountant with Baker Tilly, about seeking court protection from creditors. O’Sullivan hopes examinership will protect Limerick from having its FAI licence removed as he sees this as a company asset. The club has two fixtures remaining this season and currently sits sixth in the 10-team division.

It is understood that the company’s biggest creditor is a local hotel in Limerick, while substantial sums are also owed to the gardai for match policing, as well as both the University of Limerick and Limerick Institute of Technology. O’Sullivan declined to comment.

Last November a Revenue High Court application to wind up Munster Football Club Ltd over unpaid taxes was struck out following a settlement between the parties. O’Sullivan, who rescued Limerick FC from financial ruin in 2009, is understood to have invested more than €4m in the club, which reported an annual loss of €132,000 for the year ending November 30, 2017, its last filed accounts. In 2015 O’Sullivan said that his financial support for the club would be reduced and the club would have to “live within its means”.
The FAI said it was discussing with the club “the future of football in the city with the aim of protecting and developing senior football in Limerick”.

Separately, the company that runs the County Wicklow and District Football League faces being struck off by the Companies Registration Office over the non-filing of accounts that were due on October 31 last year. There are concerns in Wicklow that up to €20,000 has gone missing from the company that runs the 39-team amateur league over four divisions. A person who allegedly has copies of certain records is said not to be co-operating with the league.

Michael Conlon, the chairman of the league, who is not suspected of any wrongdoing, said he could not comment. The FAI said it was assisting the Wicklow league as it took legal advice on this issue and could not comment further.

Meanwhile, the FAI plans to appoint four independent directors, including a new chairman, to its board before the end of September. More than 50 people have applied for the non-paid positions created following a governance review carried out with Sport Ireland.

David Hall, a businessman who runs a private ambulance firm and who is also involved in charities that support those in debt arrears, has confirmed he has applied.

Is there offices in Rathbane??

I’m not sure. I think they train in Hogan Park.

They don’t own the Markets Field I’m fairly sure.

Has anyone seen Robbie Williams or is he already on a plane leaving Shannon.

This was always going to happen. I brought this to the attention of the forum a good while back.

According to the leader, documentation and electronic devices were seized.