Super Bowl LIII - The Dirty Road to ATL

Thatā€™s the lad. Was signed by the Falcons on August 27th and let go on September 1st. He seemed absolutely class. Surprised heā€™s without a team unless heā€™s an absolute headcase.

I donā€™t agree on luck G. Injuries have killed him. He plays in an offense where the throws he needs to make are high risk and ripe for sacking and Intā€™s . He led them to a play off road win in mile high and has delivered big time when he gets a run of games.

yeah but I mean in general, the hype when he was coming out, Suck for Luck, selling off the prize jewel in Manning just to get him, has he been worth it? Would they be in a different position now with another serviceable QB. As I said and you alluded to also, injuries have crippled him, so that is severely holding him back. Either way, he hasnt fulfilled the hype, injuries a cause of that no doubt, but as an end product, he hasnt delivered in my opinion.

He has fuck all of an O line.

1 Like

No way with luck they are a better than .500 team. With anyone else bar the top few they are a 2-14 team.

we can make excuses for every QB under the sun. injured, O-line, no receivers, shit OC, whatever. The best of the best work with what they have and thatā€™s what makes them elite. I just dont think he is elite, or at least elite enough given the expectation. Hes an above average QB with a reasonable resume but far from spectacular, no more than that at the moment.

What a load of rot.

1 Like

Good point. My mind is changed.

Iā€™ll furnish my thoughts on it lateā€¦ some of us donā€™t spend the day in our rumpus room

1 Like

@Gman are you more of a resume than a cv kind of guy?

I am.

Sorry. Wrong log in.

1 Like

depends on what country of origin I am talking about when the person presents their resume/CV. Luck has a resume, you have a CV. Iā€™m interchangeable like that, you have to keep the talk relevant to the parties involved.

A valid excuse??

This isnt the christy ring where lads canā€™t hit it on their bad side. Almost every receiver in the NFL can play at the required level

Regardless of OC, thereā€™ll still be pass attempts. True some coaches and co ordinators will make a qb look exceptional, tom brady being a good example

The biggest factor and why luck has none, give anyone time back there and they can flourish. Fitzmagic for example.

Iā€™m not sure what you are responding with there. Do you think Luck has fulfilled the potential that came with him when he was the without doubt marquee QB coming out of his draft class? Injuries play a part in that discussion, if he isnt on the field, he isnt producing. Its terrible luck, to pardon the unintentional pun, but its still a factor in his overall equation unfortunately. Luck obviously has all the tools to be a great, but he hasnt, in my opinion, produced the hype. Neither has a lot of the QBs over the last few years and there is a big gap between the likes of Brees, Rivers, Manning etc to the next generation of big name stars like those. Maybe it is a case of being spoiled for the last 15 years, but there was a lot of duds coming through recently.

The biggest factor and why luck has none, give anyone time back there and they can flourish. Fitzmagic for example.
[/quote]

This yearā€™s iteration of Andy Dalton another fine example

You seem to be suggesting he can just get over all the obstacles (including bizarrely injury) and carry the team to glory himself. Who has done that? Brees certain didnā€™t in San Diego. Neither has rivers.

Sam Bradford the same in the opposite way

You are still completely missing the first question I asked.

Has Luck fulfilled his potential as the marquee undisputed No 1 draft pick?

No, and the reason that is, is that he has been hampered by never playing behind a top class line, and has had to scramble, run away and gets hit more often than others. Heā€™s still won a lot of games on his own and on a different team would be just as good as brees etc

You have ignored my question too I see of giving me a quarterback who wins off his own steam, with terrible line, coaches etc