Super Bowl LIX- The slippery slope to the Superdome

New thread for the new season. Less than two weeks to go.

1 Like

https://x.com/Michael_NFL/status/1828838217392762907?t=bROoyvvKNLCQ1G2OkF0p_w&s=19

Jacoby Brissett named the starter in NE. Think this is great news for Drake Maye as that offence looks horrendous on paper and don’t think there is a rookie QB who would any way competent behind it. Give him the last half dozen games and go get the number 1 pick next year and get him some help

A lot of chatter that management will be happy to have a top 3 pick next year. OL took a hit with injuries also so you simply couldn’t put a rookie

Excellent news for the Jets.

I’m confident Aaron Rodgers can improve on last season too

The Patriots will be lucky to win a game this season, I’m not sure they have an organisation there to have them any way relevant again within the next two decades. The last 20+ years were incredible with B&B but it will be as you were before them now I’m afraid, irrelevance.

All depends on how good Drake Maye is. I think he will be the pick of the QBs from this years class over time. A top QB covers up a lot of organisational issues.

im sure he’ll make at least 5 snaps :smiley:

One week to go -

As I said previously I think the NFC is between the Lions, Packers and 49ers. Think all three have the depth of talent and very few glaring weaknesses heading into the season, barring catastrophe with injury all three will comfortably make the play offs. Green Bay with a new defensive coordinator should see them take a big step forward as the last one was mediocre.

Dallas and Eagles to duke it out for the East, but think both have lost a good bit of talent and have head coaches on the hot seat. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Giants and WFT are much improved this year and run both close - 10 wins takes the division.

NFC South looks fairly average too. Almost impossible to predict given the holes on all 4 rosters. Think the Panthers will do well to win more than a couple of games this year.

The three other NFC West sides have decent QBs and are live play off contenders but would be surprised if any were good enough as wildcards to beat the three better sides on the road in the playoffs.

AFC is far more wide open.

It’s a big if but I think the Bengals have a talented roster if they can keep Burrow fit and would be my pick to run the chiefs close this year if they can catch a break.

I also think the Broncos will take a few scalps in year two of Sean Payton and be close to a play off team. Chargers will be far tougher too under Harbaugh so chiefs may not have it all their own way in their division.

Aiyuk stays :ronnyroar:

the Deebo trade rumours start yet?

He’s going next year.

Hope Jones progresses with the Giants, he finally has a half decent o line and a half decent WR but at the cost of an RB.

The eagles are the class of the division.

Looking forward to Redzones return

That brought a chuckle.

Is Purdy due a deal next season? With him and Trent getting paid there will be a few tough decisions to be made and some good players moved on.

Ya due a pay day next year so it’s the last real chance of winning it all with the current group of players. Id expect Trent to retire and the likes of Deebo, Hargrave, Ward & Banks to all be moved on to stay under the cap. Demo Lenoir is the breakout player at corner for the season ahead he is moving into the elite tier in the season ahead for me.

Cue a load of right-wing shite talk about San Francisco to try and influence the election no doubt.

https://twitter.com/Gia_Vang/status/1830030550155084114

This is the best catch I’ve ever seen. I only saw it for the first time three minutes ago. It’s better than Tyree’s in the 2008 Superbowl.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1705726750565515629

1 Like

The Jets are favourites to win the AFC east. Ahead of the Bills and the Dolphins. FAVOURITES.

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1831373208886407669?t=VVGTP0-dozRhMKMpe5Ek0w&s=19