Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

Although I havenā€™t been following this sport a long time it seems to me like most RBs donā€™t have a long shelf life anyway. The Jags invested a 1st round pick in Etienne this year and he was injured before he played a game, maybe crocked forever.

Absolutely not, heā€™ll be back

RBs are cheap as chips

That does happen a lot. And then some undrafted free agent turns into a super star. As @Big_Dan_Campbell said, the O-Line is as much of a reason why RBā€™s can be a success as the RB themselves.

DeMarco Murray broke some record a few years back for the Cowboys of number of games in a row with 100+ yards rushing. The O-Line Dallas had was ridiculous. Literally just created holes for him to run through every time. He moved to the Titans or somewhere afterwards and I think he barely put up close to 100 yards in any game at all as their line was shite

Eagles I think. He was flogged for a couple of years in Dallas in fairness. Tough gig being a RB

Actually, on this @Big_Dan_Campbell I was wondering last weekend why every single RB the Lions have seems like a superstar (ie. 4th choice Reynolds). Is that just the O line?

Thatā€™s the one

Big Dan is committed to running the ball. Sewell is a stud who destroys lads in the run game while Vaitai is a huge man as well. When whoever it is runs behind that right side there is normally a hole for them. Makes life very easy.

A lot of teams are pass heavy and arenā€™t committed or tough enough to run the ball consistently or well. The good teams can do both

Heā€™s extremely pedestrian. He canā€™t push the ball down the field, he throws some dreadful picks, limited range of passes he can make and on top of all that, heā€™s regularly injured. I donā€™t know how you could look at him and think ā€œstarā€.

Heā€™s going to be up against Mahomes, Lamar, Herbert, Burrow, Allen and Jones in the AFC for the next 10 years, all are significantly better than him. Herbert and Burrow both had turnstile OLines last year and still looked the real deal as rookies.

1 Like

He has been better with Waddle this year but his main strength is RPOs and let Waddle rack up YAC.

Iā€™d agree with you somewhat. A middle of the road QB

Heā€™s alright if his first read is open, but when it isnā€™t he really struggles to adjust

2 Likes

A left handed passer just looks wrong imo.

Heā€™s a mid-table QB.

Redzone threw up some very impressive stats about his accuracy the past 8 weeks before he had his recent mini-meltdown. The meltdowns arenā€™t as big as they were before though. He has the potential to get better. Worse QBs have won the Superbowl but probably not that many. Heā€™s probably a little better than Mac Jones, both have some very obvious limitations but Jones is still a rookie.

100%, Gaskin is not a bad RB

I still canā€™t believe they passed on Sewell last year. While Waddle is a fine player, Sewell will be a perennial all pro

Neither Heineken nor Allen cleared Covid tests ahead of tonight

Is that Gilbert starting so?

1 Like

It sure is.

Scary Terry isnā€™t going to get me over the line tonight :confounded:

Doubtful but who knowsā€¦ Heā€™ll have to throw in the second half youā€™d imagineā€¦

Tyreek Hill on the covid list now too along with Kelce.

1 Like