Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

Because the optics would look horrendous for Fangio and being demoted from head coach would be a bigger slap in the face than being sacked.

Fair enough. Iā€™d love to have Harbaugh at Denver. Didnā€™t think heā€™d be tempted away from Michigan.

Where would Michigan normally recruit from? I gather that the new student-athlete rules will have a big effect on the numbers leaving Florida and Cali for the Midwest etc

Harbaugh, Greg Roman and Fangio were an incredible coaching group together.

Dunno, I donā€™t follow College ball unless Iā€™m looking at potential draft acquisitions.

The big name schools in the mid west like Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame would sign players from all over. Plenty of Florida and west coast players already there.

No one in their right mind would go to Denver unless they could guarantee signing a QB like Rodgers for a few years, itā€™s a dead end job otherwise. Thatā€™s why ye have Fangio to start with

The roster was dirt when Rodgers took over. The biggest change at Denver has been hiring Paton and heā€™s built up a good roster very quickly.

You could also say that no good QB would go there without a coach like Harbaugh in place. One begath the other as they say.

Not really, is Rodgers even a free agent?
QBā€™s own all the leverage when picking a team.
Wilson is I think but who knows what exactly he is looking for, I doubt he wants to play for a run heavy dinosaur like Harbaugh after playing for a run heavy dinosaur in Carroll

Neither are free agents.

1 Like

No Paton has been building up high draft picks in order to make a move when the time comes. Hence it was the right time to trade Miller to the Rams.

Rodgers would likely have landed in Denver last off season if he had forced the move away from Green bay.

Roman took the brunt of the blame at the time for that team not going all the way. Unimaginative play calling was cited, specifically the closing series in the Superbowl loss. Think it was actually Harbaugh who tried to reinvent Kaepernick as a pocket passer which didnā€™t work. Roman has done pretty well at Baltimore but again he is constrained by what Lamar can and canā€™t do.

1 Like

Ben Solak knows the score

Akers on track to get a run out this weekend. Thatā€™s an absolutely phenomenal recover from a torn achilles. Iā€™ll remain sceptical until a see a bit of bursht from him but to be even togged out 6 months later is remarkable.

Be some craic if some camera phone footage turned up of arians making the slit throat gesture to brown

Brown is a man of emotion.

I guess the question now is- has anyone reacted to being sacked mid game the way Tony did

You have to take what Brown says with a pinch of salt in fairness given his priors and narcissistic ways. I have no doubt his ankle is in rag order though.

yeah I think thats fair. And its fair that Arians has to take heat for this too, regardless of whether Brown is telling the truth or not. You get what you get with AB and a coach needs to treat him differently than others. Some may disagree with that, but thats the way it is. He is not going to work or behave like Godwin for example, so threatening him during a game is only going to piss him off.

either way, AB was more wrong in this scenario though. You dont go take off your gear and make a show of yourself whilst the game is in play and your team has the ball. He loses all credibility for quitting the way he did, even if he claims he was cut first. Its bad communication between them and that mainly comes down on the coach first, but horrible behaviour from AB.