Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

He did a good job with the Texans until he won the power struggle and took on the GM role but it also had to be remembered that the AFC South was pretty weak during his time there too.

He seems to be a good man to carry a grudge and had a bit of a temper. I think the Jags need NFL experience and an offensive head coach to mold Lawrence so no surprise to see him interviewed.

Yeah trying to replicate the Bill Belichick side of things in having full control. Trades were a disaster, fucked them right over. And as big dan says, the south was a shit show at the time. But he still had to win, and he did, and being back in that division again would only help knowledge of the teams. For the Jags, it would be a decent move.

Is the stat he led them to the playoffs in 4 of 6 seasons correct? With Hoyer & Brock as QB’s in two of those?

I vaguely remember them giving the Patriots a right rattle too in a playoff game ( could be a delusion )

Was he still there for the play off game with the Chiefs when they blew a 24 point?

yup. horrible playoff record, which probably wont matter much taking over the jags

1 Like

Sake.

That defeat was the catalyst of his demise. He made some very poor moves that off season and they started the next year 0-4 and got shit canned

Calvin Ridley supposedly looking for a fresh start and has asked the Falcons for a trade. Would be WR1 for a lot of teams and after sitting out half the year wouldn’t command a top of the market contract

And could walk away at any moment.

Any whispers where he’s looking to land?

Bucs

1 Like

Great fit

There’s an opening there for a black receiver who might walk out on you any minute.

1 Like

Calvin wouldn’t walk out on Tom

The NFL have nothing to worry about, he won’t be anywhere near a Superbowl.

2 Likes

David Johnson for DeAndre Hopkins. That must still go down as one of the worst trades if all time

8 Likes

Probably not much to say that hasn’t already been said. Appears more wide open than ever this year.

GB rightful favourites if the competition has to go through Lambeau, although I thought the same last year. This year, they’ve shored up their turnstyle run D and will get Jaire Alexander back for the divisional round.

If I had to put a line through a few contenders, I’m cool on Buccs and Titans. Tennessee getting a lot of hipster love and they’re one of the best coached teams remaining so I can see a back to lay strategy alright. I wouldn’t be surprised if Texans upset them this weekend and fuck everything for them.

I talked up Cincy at 33/1 in the subscribers group because I thought they’d beat KC last weekend. I don’t think they can win it outright however. KC (despite last week) and Buffalo matchup very well against them.

I really want to NAP the Rams but Stafford is playing at Goff levels currently. Can they mask the turnovers going run heavy and a bit more RPO? I don’t trust McVay either to get it done. His chiselled features and hot wife mask an inability to actually coach.

Was very impressed with the Cards last week against Dallas but wouldn’t fancy either team in Lambeau.

KC or Buffalo to win it out. I can’t in good conscience tip a selfish anti-vax bastard like Rodgers to win anything.

5 Likes

McVay is a proper coach, look what he got out of Goff ffs and he constantly finds value where he can be it with coordinators or through trades. Stafford is stinking the place up though