Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

I think it was OL many thought they should be drafting. Wasnā€™t Penei Sewell still on the board? Considering where Burrow was 7 months ago, a WR was considered a luxury. But Joe convinced front office to go wideout.

How did Sewell go this year @Big_Dan_Campbell ?

There were high expectations about him given his performances in college as an 18 and 19 year old in college. He then bombed big time in the three preseason games which was understandable given he hadnā€™t played football in over a year due to Covid and was moving from LT to RT along with being the youngest starting tackle in nfl history.

Then two days before the season Taylor Decker broke a finger and went on IR and he went back to LT for week one and was excellent v Nick Bosa. He had a couple of down games but was very solid there. Decker returned and he shifted back over to RT for the second half of the season and he just got better every game. He is a monster in the run game.

I donā€™t think it is a stretch to say he is already a top 5 RT in the league. He made the all rookie team with Slater as OTs.

I was very high on him and chase last spring and am delighted to see both thrive.

3 Likes

McDaniels named Raiders HC

11 Likes

:joy: the cheetahs

We need to remember Stafford to this point has gotten the Rams no further than Jared Goff ever did. Itā€™s nice to see him doing well with a decent team but he is in no way in the same stratosphere as Joe Burrow. He is more at Goffs level but retiring Brady is something no one can ever take from him in fainess.
Burrow is the natural heir to Rodgers and he will make absolute mincemeat out of the Rams in the Superbowl

A real classless move by Brady trying to hog the limelight this past week while other QBs were putting in stellar performances.

1 Like

The rumours about his tiny hands (8 inch) will only increase after he declined measurement at the senior bowl.

Is it not to do with his double jointed thumb, meaning they canā€™t get an accurate measurement using the standard way?

Thatā€™s what the comments reckon but my sources tell me otherwise.

This guy looks a monster going off the measurements

1 Like

11 hands? Thatā€™s impressive

Thatā€™s what she said.

1 Like

8.25 inches from what Iā€™ve seen in some places. Burrows hands are 9 inches.

Supposedly the double jointed thumb makes it difficult to measure and heā€™s doing extra exercises so thereā€™s an accurate measurement at combine.

Might not be a big issue anyhow.

Aussie bloke.

There is an Austrian kid who plays tackle is expected to go in the first couple of days as well. He has added serious bulk since getting to the US of A

Iā€™m really struggling to get excited about this class. Very little from a skill position viewpoint compared to recent years. Defensively a bit better, but I wouldnā€™t have Hutch, KT or Stingley as elite prospects.

1 Like

I think Stingley will be a fine player. I think he is getting dinged a bit due to LSU being a shitshow this year.

I think that pretty much any player from the top 15 of last years draft would go first overall this year. Vera Tucker aside maybe.

Brady retired. Again

WAC