Thatā€™s a great throw to be fair to Mitch

The throw by Mitch was even better

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Thanks. A tap in, to be fair.
But the rookie who made the catch is the real story. Ridonkulous

Becham-esque

1 Like

Wow what a catch

This was looking like a clunker for the first ten minutes but theyā€™re scoring at a fair clip now

Browns have some serious weapons. Cooper looks at home. Brisset is the perfect fit and an ideal No 2.
There they go though and miss the extra point. The Browns

MVP Mitch punches one in

1 Like

Neither D wants to know here

Jacoby and Mitch, two gun slingers

Big ol balls

Dropping like flies now

Browns D get a turnover TD from lateral messing about to bump the scoreline

Steelers couldnā€™t score on the drives either side of halftime, never got going again from there

Iā€™m drinking the Cool-Aid and i firmly believe if the Lions get a win in Minnesota this weekend that they will be a 10 win/play off team. They are currently 3/1 to make the play offs if anyone else wants to join me.

The offence under first time OC Ben Johnson is playing a real varied game in both pass and rush and in Swift and St Brown two play makers who keep making big plays. While Hockenson, Chark, Reynolds and Jamaal Williams are all dependable sorts as well. Jameson Williams and his deep threat to be plugged into this offence in about 6 weeks time should be a force multiplier as teams will have to respect his downfield speed and should open up plenty for Swift and St Brown. The O Line as predicted, is a top 5 unit and the performance last week despite losing all three starting interior linemen only illustrates the culture that Dan Campbell has built, everyone is bought in.

Defence is still fairly average but hugely improved on last year, far more aggressive scheme looking to pressure the QB far more. Hutch got three sacks last week but they were high effort/clean up one rather than direct wins, his impact has been the fact that he is drawing so many double teams it is leaving the likes of Julien Okwara, Charles Harris and John Cominskey facing one on ones and they are thriving. Cominskey was only claimed off the waiver wire in June but has been a big surprise. Rodrigues is playing at a really high level for a sixth round rookie, guy is excellent against the run despite being undersized and the linebacker group which has been pretty mediocre in their play since the likes of Tullock and DeAndre Levy moved on actually looks a solid unit. Anzaloneā€™s level of play has improved hugely with Rodrigues beside him and Chris Board looks a nice FA pick up for peanuts as the coverage LB.

Former 3rd overall pick Jeff Okudah is finally showing his potential in his third year after missing all last year with an achilles tear. He will probably never live up to his draft pick but he has been very solid through two games putting the shackles on Devante Smith and Terry McLoughlin. Both days he had to leave the field with cramp for a series and his replacements both got torched in his absence.

Aside from the Bills on thanksgiving and two games against the Packers aside there isnā€™t another probably Superbowl contender they have to play on their schedule. Seahawks, Patriots and Dak less Cowboys un next after this game and all are winnable. Come December the Lions have the Jags and Vikings at home, Jets and Panthers on the road and then the Bears at home. Most of those teams will be playing for draft position at that stage and I would expect the Panthers to have an interim coach at that point. If the Lions can hit December .500 or above and with momentum they will get it done.

Goff is the big worry, if he can play to the level he did in the second half of last year and start of this season then it should be good enough, but he is just so maddeningly inconsistent it is hard to have much faith that he will. But I think given the skill players available and the strength of the O Line that he is probably good enough to get them to 10 wins but probably 1 and done when they meet one of the big boys in post season. The Lions look a really well coached team who are fully bought in, I think it is enough to overcome a lot of their flaws.

1 Like

The wild card spots are given on seasonal record rather than divisional ranking?

The OL are mauling opponents and Goff looks competent. Im a convert to the great gospel of Big Dan.

Seasonal record.

Aside from the NFC West the rest of the divisions are weak. Aside from Packers, Bucs and Eagles i donā€™t think there are too many other sides in the East, North or South who you could confidently predict getting 10 wins right now.

Who Korath The Pursuer GIF - Who Korath The Pursuer Marvel GIFs