Super Bowl LVIII - Viva Las Vegas 🐐

There was hype this week that Gibbs was going to go in the top half of the first round. I’m very surprised they took him at 12 but he is a playmaker.

Lions take Jack Campbell at 18

He looks a player but hard not to think he wouldn’t be there at 34. Brad and Dan don’t give two fucks for your consensus draft boards

Is he a three down back? Seems more of a Reggie Bush type

Slides right out the 1st

A massive reach, and not really a position that needed addressing

Leaving out Bijan he’s the highest drafted RB since Saquon

Now I wonder where Swift will end up

That’s difficult to watch, I feel for mum and dad there

2 Likes

Thats some spot.

For once he took a decent first rounder . He’ll surely go OL next… @Chucks_Nwoko @Big_Dan_Campbell - who’s the top OL men ? Pats are pick 46

A lot of good o line guys left. Likes of Maush and Bergeron offer versatility while Torrance was seen by most as a first round calibre guard and Avila is rated highly too. Couple of good centres too but not much at tackle.

A lot of good players available today

1 Like

Jesus the Packers are frustrating, we have zero weapons

Tank season incoming.

Josh Downs.

These guys called Gibbs as a blue chip - too half of the first round player earlier in the week based on what they heard from around the league.

Sources with NFL teams were not surprised that Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs went as a top-20 pick, because they viewed Gibbs as one of the few players with an elite grade in the 2023 NFL Draft. Interestingly, sources with the Jets say their team was planning on taking Gibbs with the 15th pick. They felt he was too much of a playmaker to pass on, and he would have been a tremendous receiving back for Aaron Rodgers to work with. Gibbs also is a very good pass blocker who could have helped the aging quarterback. The Jets took Breece Hall in the second round last year, but Hall is coming off a serious injury, and having a potent rushing attack with a two-headed monster would obviously have helped the Jets set up good down-and-distance situations for Rodgers. After the Lions took Gibbs with the 12th pick and the offensive linemen went off the board, the Jets felt that Will McDonald was the best value available and could help them field a dangerous edge rush group.

They also report that the Giants had Campbell top of their draft board and their likely pick in the early 20s.

What do you make of the whole running backs don’t matter train of thought @Big_Dan_Campbell ?

They do matter, but no way should you be using first round picks on them. Same with off-ball linebackers.

The position matters but the players often don’t actually make much, if any difference. Scheme and how good the QB are have a much bigger bearing

There’s a handful of real difference makers in the NFL right now, the rest are just guys, anybody who is drafted to the nfl could run for 1000 yards given enough carries and a decent OL,
Apparently Robinson is magic, Gibbs a serious playmaker in the Kamara style

It’s a luxury pick, I’m not sure Atlanta or Detroit are in that position, Detroit didn’t have a need at RB

I think it depends - is the RB also a serious factor in the pass game like Mccaffrey, Kamara, Barkley, Ekeler etc? Those guys are difference makers and are probably worth paying alright but as just a runner, if you give an average back a good line and offensive scheme they will put up numbers and can easily be replaced

1 Like

I think if they’d just gone for Bijan instead of trading down and drafting a RB anyway, they’d be a sure thing for the play-offs this year. Now there’s still a little question about it.

I think I was getting towards the truth here, they looked for a creative solution to not really liking any of the WRs.

1 Like