Super Leeds United - Shame Shame Shame

Bamford had a few games for Boro and Palace I think. Nothing to write home about. Casilla the racist keeper has a tonne of La Liga experience but he appears to be a bit of a bombscare.

Phillips and Tyler Roberts have no experience but would be snapped up if promotion hadn’t been secured.

Helder Costa, who’s deal was finalised last week has plenty of experience at top level too.

I reckon theres about 6 or 7 shrewd signings needed just to stay up. It’s a small squad.

Not disagreeing with that at all.

He’s like Davey. He has his system and if players buy into it they’ll play above themselves. It needs a bit of fresh blood though. And the squad would run through a wall for him and genuinely believe they can beat anyone now.

I’d expect a strong start but by Easter they’re treading water but comfortable and a terrible finish to the season in about 14th or so.

1 Like

Pro soccer punter nick goff reckons they’d have been close to top six in the premier league this season.

If they sign that many players they’ll go down. Need to sign 2 or 3 quality ones.

1 Like

I think Leeds would have stayed up handy this year. They miss a lot of chances due to some players not being that great but they’d play most EPL teams off the park

Sheff United signed fuck all and went straight to the top half. Villa spent a small fortune and look like going down. Two or three quality signings is what they need

2 Likes

There’s very little difference between the bottom half of the premier league and the top half of the championship.

Except you have to play top half of the premiership sides 20 times.

1 Like

The teams are of a similar standard.

Sheffield united are very pragmatic. Bielsa is gonna play football, I think they need to get players to play that style at a higher level. Especially midfielders

Leeds had the most clean sheets in Europe this year

Mitrovic is the top scorer in the championship. Ollie Watkins is second and Lewis grabban is third. The premiership is a whole different ball game. That leeds squad will not play out from the back

We’ll manage it against a bunch of teams. And after we spy on the rest we’ll figure out a way to beat them

Maybe, if there are a good few signings.

I think you overrate the quality in most of the PL. You were certain Brighton would go down playing a similar style

They are haunted lucky not to be going down. Lucky there are some very poor teams below them

Well it’s not luck when there are poorer teams than them below them. Hence my point

Leeds will be fine next year. They have a good manager and can afford to spend a few quid. IF they spend it wisely

Lookit, you appear to want to debate, and I just want to celebrate. I haven’t followed the Premier League properly since about 2006 but I do know there’s an awful lot of dirge in the bottom half.

Like Davey, Bielsa’s tactics are misunderstood by most pundits. Most just assume he has them running and running and running. Similar to Davey, it requires a ridiculously high fitness level. But it’s all about smart creation of space and then how it’s used.

Every set piece has 2 Leeds players at it to draw opposition close to it thereby creating space elsewhere which they exploit. So simple yet so effective.

I’ll leave the final word on this to Kalvin

‘Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again’

“Kalvin Phillips celebrates with Leeds United fans at Elland Road in brilliant unseen footage - Leeds Live”

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/kalvin-philips-leeds-united-promotion-18619440.amp

2 Likes

Dafuq is this “Davey” craic?

1 Like