Super Leeds United - Shame Shame Shame

Cas had a cap or two before Big Jack came along.

In 1987, Ireland boss Jack Charlton - who had spotted a young Gazza while in charge of Newcastle - discovered that the young midfielder had an Irish grandmother and tried to offer him a call-up straight to the national side.

Gascoigne, famously daft-as-a-brush, was blissfully unaware of his Irish roots, and spurned Charltonā€™s advances. He was called up to the England U21 squad a week later and his future was sealed.

ā€œThe problem was getting him to play for Ireland and if only Iā€™d spoken to his mother a week earlier, I might have had the chance,ā€ Charlton said. ā€œHe actually qualified to play for Ireland but no one knew it at the time and we only just missed out on him.ā€

Itā€™s commonly believed Ferguson would have saved Gazza from alcoholism and mental health problems. If heā€™d played for ireland heā€™d have been dead by 30

1 Like

He didnā€™t though. That was the problem

1 Like

He could have been a regular tv panelist if heā€™d played his cards right

like he tried to save Mcgrath?..

Leeds getting scundered here by Leicester

1 Like

Back in it now.

1 Like

Opppsss

Typical Vardy. Good game though.

I should have kept my trap shut

1 Like

Cracking game vs Everton. Still 0-0 but could easily be 3-3 or 4-4. All out attack from both teams

2 Likes

Delph :see_no_evil:

Oh Raphinha :heart_eyes:

Totally against the run of play in fairness, great finish from the Brazilian

Would you give over! Leeds been all over them like a rash for most of the game

1 Like

Against the run of play :joy: :joy: :joy: Leeds walked all over the cunts. lack of finishing will cost them points, but itā€™s a work in progress. Bielsa and Liam Cahill / Mikey Bevans :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Sorry I was on about the time of the goal. Leeds well deserved their win today no doubt. Everton were very poor again today all be it they created enough chances

1 Like

The crowd at Stamford are acting in a very bizarre manner from the bit Iā€™ve seen. Randomly cheering like a crowd of crows any team Leeds complete a pass. Youā€™d have to admire Leeds hatred of Chelsea and Man Utd.