Superbowl LII - The Purple Rainy Road to Mary Tyler Moore's Minneapolis

Cat got @Fran ‘s tongue today?

2 Likes

Yeah…was thinking that about last year earlier. Really didn’t deserve it in many ways and should never have won it. As I said, the game needed another winner…

How’s my good friend @maroonandwhite holding up? I hope he survived the night …

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/02/05/lions-name-matt-patricia-new-head-coach/110129610/
Patricia confirmed as Lions head coach.

Jaysus, the Lions brass must have been having second thoughts last night.

1 Like

Id give him 2 years there before they fuck him off.

This is where it all started to go wrong for the Patriots.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Patricia didn’t cover himself in glory last night. Butler issue, whatever it may have been aside, Philly did little out of the ordinary other than play at a quicker tempo than heretofore.

New England co-ordinators have traditionally tanked in head coaching positions. Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini and Josh McDaniels, in his previous stint with Denver, were all failures and the jury is still very much out on Bill O’Brien in Houston.

Detroit could have done worse than go back to their emeritus coach Schwartz.

It was always Patricia’s gig. Was the man Bob Quinn wanted two years ago but stuck with Caldwell after the players went to bat for him.

Both men now tied at the hip and will either succeed or fail together. Make the run game adequate and find a more consistent pass rush and the Lions will win 10 games+ plus if Stafford stays healthy next year

You are firmly behind this appointment?

Jury is out, I adored Coach Caldwell and his stoicism but he had taken them as far as he was capable of. Looking at the other coaching appointments it doesn’t seem to be a vintage year for HC candidates and Patricia is the best option.

Bad night last night but that Pats D was pretty thin on the ground in terms of talent outside of Gilmore an one or two others

Where do the Lions lie in Draft order and Salary Cap etc? Are they in a position to really bolster their Squad?

Word is Butler only found out just before the anthem he wasn’t playing and Rowe that he was. Shades of Gerlock methodology there from Belichick once the hubris overcame him

https://youtu.be/vLCvJZmAYzI

1 Like

Carolina and Philly 2005 were massive underdogs. Carolina could and should have won but pats beat Philly well.

Belichick has stepped down :disappointed_relieved:

Tom surely next?

Just soaking it all in bro.

I can’t wait to watch it again. An amazing bizarre game. The way McDaniels and Brady dissected Shwartzs Defense in the second half was frightening. Just moved the ball at total ease, often with terrible starting positions. In contrast foles had to convert 3rd and 4th downs to keep breathing, to full length catches by ertz or jeffery at times.

The pats never let our vaunted D line get a look in (until crucially, they did) but our O line made this. Foles generally had enough time to go through his looks and to execute one excellent throw into coverage after another. They opened up gaps for our runners at will. All credit.

Im delighted we beat the pats and a flying brady, makes a long awaited win all the more valid, than if it was the jags maybe. I feared the pats had the gameplan and qb to open us up. And they did. But by almost a miracle they couldn’t stop us.

Not sure what happened with butler, but that was crucial. As was cooks getting destroyed. As good as hogan was, he’s not going to kill you after the catch or get too far behind you.

Coaches make some difference. Going for it, going for the jugular, that seeps into a team and gives them confidence and energy, rather than sitting back and trying to protect a lead. From high school to a superbowl in a decade.

Personally i cant get over the feeling of contentment. I sipped a few pints last night and chatted away,didn’t go nuts. But the feeling of glee is second only to celebrating a gaa win, and far outstrips and rugby soccer or any other team ive followed. Delighted I saw them in Seattle the year they won the superbowl. Even if they lost that game. Can’t wait to plan an away trip next year and to rattle the fuck out of the nfl store next payday.

Hard luck to the real pats fans like yourself l, especially gman given what he had to endure during the day. Could be the real end of an era with McDaniels gone. 8 months until it all kicks off. Thank fuck for hurling.

7 Likes

If you told me Brady would rack up 500 yards with no interceptions I wouldn’t have backed the Eagles at 50-1 before the game and probably unloaded on the Pats -20.

Unreal!

Soak it in man…

1 Like