Superbowl LII - The Purple Rainy Road to Mary Tyler Moore's Minneapolis

no I agree he should be suspended, I’m not sure what your logic is that “he could be arrested/one game suspension”. His hit was utterly dumb, somewhat premeditated in that it wasnt a football action and dangerous. I do feel that there are far more dangerous illegal plays that happen where nothing is made of them. Gronks optics looks worse, in that he lined him up and hit him when the play was dead after he was picked off. So it looked like he was a petulant cunt, which he was.

the being arrested on the street argument is a load of shite

Somewhat premeditated? Are you taking the piss? It couldn’t have been more premeditated.

1 Like

That’s your opinion, which you’re entitled to.

My opinion is that Gronk set out to deliberately injure another player when play was not active. A completely fucking scumbag move and not just a petulant action a malicious one that resulted in a concussion.

Play was dead so it’s the same as if it happened when the two of them were walking to the dressing room or the team bus.

Gronk appealling apparently, according to guardian

In fairness, it would be a fairly odd thing if you were walking down the street to just jump on a lad lying face down and lead with your head / shoulder.

ah for fuck sake. yeah, it is the very fucking same. christ almighty.

well yeah, it could have been more premeditated. he didnt go on the field and say he was going to clobber him in the back of the head. As the situation played out and Gronk didnt get his call, he then made his decision to do it, so it was premeditated by about 2 seconds.

you’re splitting hairs here now and agreeing with a lad who said if he did it on the street he would be arrested and it is the same as if he did it to him whilst getting on the team bus.

So you agree there was malice and aforethought

yes, I already said that. I was the one who used the words “somewhat premeditated” already.

1 Like

The only thing premeditated was the cunt pulling the Jersey off of him. It will cost gronk millions thats punishment enough for a filthy hit. Gronk gets lit up by cunts every week looking to do damage.

This is gas shit, bad enough that lads get all parochial about the EPL but fucking American football :rofl:

BREAKING: Bengals safety George Iloka has been suspended one game for his hit on Antonio Brown Monday Night.

Going news on Ryan Shazier today. Looks like it is a spinal contusion and he has movement in his lower extremities.

JuJu got a one game ban too.

He was trying a bit too hard to get in on such a bitter rivalry.

Rookie mistake, he might have got away with it if he didn’t stand over him taunting.

I’d be watching myself if I was him next time these two meet.

He’s a dead man walking.

1 Like

Burfict has had it coming for a long time. All the whinging from the TV networks is hilarious, it wasn’t that long ago they were applauding hits like that. Like it or hate it’s a gladiator sport, if sports fans don’t like violence they can tune in to the other football and watch Italians and Spanish rolling around in agony after imaginary contact.

Dumb point.

You can play the game without targeting player’s heads.

They need to bring in the college system, once someone targets a player’s head they are ejected.