Swimmix

Has to b odd no. for bilateral breathing ie. 123 left 123 right. 5 strokes too much as oxygen deficit would come into play

Heading up to yeronga pool now guys

Ya makes sense.

I’ve never seen as many as them.

Heard the same from a crowd that were at the Portnablagh swim as well.

I had a lovely swim in incheydoney on Saturday. The water was lovely, you could stay in it for ages. I haven’t been for a swim in Dublin yet this year but hope to sort that this weekend.

Smashing there

A 50m a 25m & 2 kids pools

All outdoor

Be careful

1 Like

Take a few of those iodine tablets the government sent out there a few years ago, before you go in.

Aiming for a sprint triathlon in a few months. Swim part is 750m in an indoor pool. Been doing consistent 16min 20sec territory in my timed prep so far. Would like to get under 16 before the off. Swim and cycle are cake. Running will be the hard part. So far so good. Be happy with anything under 1hr 40mins.

Breathing wise I’ve always gone every 2nd stroke. Left side. The way I learned was to imagine there’s a piece of string attached to your left hand and as it comes out of the water it pulls your head up with it. Works for me. Do you need to be able to breathe both sides for outdoor Triathlon swims?

Where is that one on?

Naas

1 Like

@ChocolateMice isn’t able to swim!:smiley:

No. Professional triathletes all breathe every second stroke. You’d need to learn how to sight but it is easy, basically lifting your head every 10 strokes or so to see that you’re still going in the right direction. You’d be amazed how far off kilter you go without the guiding line at the bottom of the pool. Saying that, it would be useful to be able to breathe both sides as you’d have lads bouncing off you at certain points and your regular breathing pattern could be disrupted as you partake in an underwater shouldering competition.

1 Like

Depending on the course too you could be getting a slap of a wave in the mouth on one side. It’s amazing how difficult it is to swim in a consistent direction in open water.

WTF? I’ve been swimming since i’m 7 you cunt ---- Why are you dragging me into this thread?? Huh? what are you up to?

Very defensive post. Clearly Horsey’comment about you not being able to swim touched a nerve. It’s never too late you know.

1 Like

I heard you’ve to wear arm bands in the bath

1 Like

He wanted me to see something in this thread, mate, as that post came out of no where — I’m a decent swimmer, mate.

You still have stabilisers on your tricycle, you non-swimming motherfucker.