Swimmix

I’d bate you in any form of physical exercise, mate…

Swimming is a physical exercise, mate.

1 Like

I just said I bate him in ANY form - I’d bate you too - you can do relay between both of you and i’d still bate you both.

You wouldn’t swim your way out of a wet paper bag.

1 Like

If I can swim my way in, i’d swim back out.

1 Like

You’re going to swim backwards now are you?

That’s no problem - back stroke, breast stroke, butterfly, front crawl …

Breathe however it suits. 15/16 mins, 45 min cycle n 30 min run, latter tough after cycle. U doing Brick sessions?

I had to look up what that was. And yes, I’m already doing it. Bike & run to end the week. 15km + 3.5km run to begin with but I’ll ramp that up. I timed it as 49 mins on Sunday but it’s suspiciously fast for me. I’m wondering if my phone timer did something weird.

I’m going to do various combinations to get used to it. I’ll have to bring my bike to work to do some swim + bike.

What’s a sprint triathlon? 750 swim, 20km bike and 5km run?

Roughly yeah. Can vary slightly.

42x100 on 1:35 this morning.
Purgatory.

6 Likes

Some motoring. Training for?

Fuck that’s horrible. You’d be dead from the boredom alone.

Sensational

It was hard.
Just the set that the coach devised for the day.
Pretty much a 4.2k straight swim tbh.
Half of it was with your ankles tied.
Not training for anything really, just habit.
You’d be stinking of sweat and chlorine even after a long shower. Big purple head on you.

2 Likes

Fair play to you. That coach is old school. Like @TreatyStones sending the lads out for a load of laps followed by some laps.

1 Like

It’s a she. She’s terrifying, but with a heart of gold. Ex international.
The swim sessions are actually plotted and planned around the season. They are pretty varied, all pretty hard, but that was a beauty. Did 20 x 200 the week before. Just try and pretend I’m.swimming the bay, in for the duration, grit your teeth and keep going. Trouble is the fast people in the lane get plenty of rest. I get barely any.

I’ve been threatening to get back into the pool as I need some low impact form of exercise - my problem is I tend to go off too fast and not get into a steady pace - advice, mate?

Go off slower.

10 Likes