Swimmix

What make of jellyfish were there, compass?

Fuck the dirty Seine, the Broad Majestic Shannon for me every time.

7 Likes

I’d a cousin over from Canada earlier in summer and her and her daughter had to make sure that they went to the 40ft as they’d seen it on that Bad Sisters show (couldn’t get past a few episodes myself; every character was incredibly irritating). Do people do much actual swimming in there? I’m just looking at your photo and can see two, maybe three people actively swimming with the rest kind of just floating about.

Pretty much floating about and diving in is what 90% do. Main positive is that it’s accessible at both low and high tide

1 Like

The swim snobs are out this morning!

1 Like

No, I’m not much of a swimmer at all. I wish I was better with the auld breathing/ technique, but I’ve had a few people recently tell me they’re into sea swimming now and I’ve got my doubts that they’re doing any actual swimming.

1 Like

Teabags spend more time in the water.

1 Like

But still spending more time in the water than most of us

Bad Sisters was a hoot

2 Likes

A great baddie !

2 Likes

AI generated crowd pictures at the 40ft

1 Like

Your post was the first thing I thought of when I saw this

2 Likes

Harrowing. It was only a matter of time before something happened on that beach as I was talking about early on in the summer. It looks benign but as I nearly found out to my own detriment it is in fact lethal. A simple sign saying where the rip currents are or indicating dangerous swimming conditions could have saved lives in this instance. Heart goes out to the family of this man who died in the most courageous of fashions but it pains me to say it in the most needless of ways.

2 Likes

May he RIP. Died saving others by the looks of it

RTE news : Man dies after getting into difficulty off Cork coast

http://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2024/0823/1466456-inch-beach-cork/

2 Likes

Drop whatever the fuck you are doing lads…

8 Likes

Rip currents move so the first is impossible but a sign about dangerous conditions makes sense, I think most places that have rip currents do have warning signs.

Plenty of beaches have signs about rip currents mate. You’ve just made that up.

Sigh. Yes mate. But it’s impossible to say where exactly they are as they move. I shouldn’t have to spoon-feed it to you.

We were surfing up in achill there a few weeks ago and they had a sign say rip currents beyond this point.
I suppose it’s the smug and dismissive nature of your posts that makes me correct youbwhen you are flat out wrong.

You sure showed me.