Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

There’s a comeback in Offaly here if they play it right

Good night Irene

A simple Westmeath one -two is unravelling Offalys defence time and time again …

Offaly will regret 3 solid gold goal chances there. Totally exposed at the back from going forward

Westmeath are a fine team … lovely passing and running from defence to attack … game was over as a contest very early … Fitmaurice spent a lot of time making excuses for Offaly , looking out for his buddy Tomas …Westmeath keeper must have successfully done the same short kick out to his left for nearly all the second half …

Offaly won’t be far off in a few years. A very well run county who are doing things right. Very admirable.

Westmeath are far more admirable and without half the tradition as Offaly in either code…serious credit deserved…

2 Likes

Winner of the competition should get a quarter final slot, would bring it on hugely.

You’re not far wrong I reckon.

1 Like

Maybe but The Two best teams are in the final all the same …

1 Like

Ah for fuck sake, don’t tell me Laois are going to join the Wexford/Offaly/Kilkenny love-in. That’s not how local rivalries are supposed to work.

1 Like

Laois are getting badly exposed in all this … all others around them finding a way …and the Laois lads blaming the dubs funding for their woes :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Offaly are an incredibly admirable county, why would it be wrong to acknowledge that?

Because they’re Offaly.

You Leinster boys have a very mature attitude to rivalry…

A great bunch of lads

Fairly slack crowds. I thought Croke Park needed a crowd of at least 35k to break even on match days.

That was a decent crowd today. I think the mood music around the tailteann cup appears to be positive. Looks like its going to be deemed a success at years end.

1 Like

It was absolutely mental having those on there in the first place, particularly if that break-even thing is true. It’s just continuous at this stage.

Cavan-Sligo should have been on in the Hyde. Westmeath-Offaly in Portlaoise.

1 Like