Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

Well said. I’m all off this but it’s a shame it’s still not the Tommy Murphy

:call_me_hand: He mentioned you - inquired how you were. Still a grumpy fucker I said. No change he said.
He mused that your firm hand (TFKCSA) might be beneficial to WD as the year develops…A sound skin…

1 Like

If Dublin fail to make the Leinster final and seven Division 3 or 4 teams reach provincial finals, it’s the Token Cup for Dessie Souness-Moyes’s Dubs.

1 Like

It’s gonna be off the fucking chain lads

2 Likes

Thats as bad a result as ye have had in a long time. The Wicklow crowd reckon they have a better 15 of players who won’t play at home on the couch

So do we unfortunately

Should be some game between Carlow and Laois first day out.

New York, New York!

You’d find most teams from div 3 down have that problem …

I fully understand the observation and believe it in its entirety. However, from what I see around the county I’m unable, at this juncture, to identify a player who’s absent apart from injury who would help our cause. Our lads have bought in even inveigling the veteran Mulligan back in pursuit of the elusive Connacht medal.

What way does the draw for this work?

Reverse psychology at play here and ye not even in it yet

3 Likes

A lovely nod to the fabled Zenith Data Systems Cup there with separate Northern and Southern sections.

I presume the thinking is that fans from say, Antrim, won’t travel to Waterford for a game.

I would imagine they aren’t far wrong.

The New York thing is fairy simple, if they win a round they won’t be able to get a team back again for the next round. Bringing them in later when the weaker teams are gone reduces the chances of this happening and making a farce of it

1 Like

A deep-dive into the mechanics of this yields the prospect of us facing one of Down, Fermanagh, Sligo, Longford, Offaly, Westmeath, Antrim or Cavan in round 1. (Our luck will probably throw up Cavan in a preliminary round). Hard to see us advancing against any of those……

1 Like

is the final on before an all ireland semi final?

A stand alone final in Croke park would be crazy

If they were any good they wouldn’t be in the Tailteann cup in the first place. All beatable. Although you’d think Cavan the one to avoid for sure.

Down might be the best draw. They’ll have no interest you’d think

1 Like

If it is done correctly, there’s no reason why a final between say Cavan and Leitrim wouldn’t bring 30 or 40k on it’s own.

A big IF though

Yes, before the 1st semi-final . Both Tailteann semi-finals will be the one day most likely at HQ.

1 Like