Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

Do the New Yorkers have to come to Carlow?

Do Carlow have the option of doing a Clare on it and saying fuck it we’ll play it at yours?

He used the term “GAA” as clickbait

3 Likes

Yes NY have to travel

What a fucking man

An absolute force of nature, everything you’d want wearing your county jersey.
What would he have been had he trained regularly apart from the run-out on Saturdays.

Doesn’t take himself, the CB or life in general too seriously. We need more like him and less of these “Lookit, I s’pose, we gave our all, trust the process” merchants and a few more flair guys.

4 Likes

He’d mind you of Corkery with the shape of him.

1 Like

He’s a tad smaller and lighter but there’s a likeness. His brother Seamus sparkled for a few years before drifting away from the county scene. The Electric Picnic franchisees will have it all to do in Brewster Pk.

3 Likes

He’s what the GAA was and should always be about. Lads who laud a Niall what’s his name over Quigley can FOAD

1 Like

They do, what we really need is a Psycho Walsh to offset big Sean down the other end. Gary went ballistic last time in Brewster, 2-1 in 5 minutes of injury time if I’m not mistaken.

Following on from his brother Ross Bolger winning an Div 1 American Football College Scholarship with Idaho this week, Shane Bolger will start for New York in the Tailteann Cup today.

A proud week for the Killeshin and Laois footballers and also for their father, Carlow chairman and former Leinster GAA Chairperson Jim Bolger.

New York leading in fortress Netwatch too. Randomly enough this one is live on GAA Go but Offaly v Wexford and Fermanagh v Laois aren’t.

That tunnel is ICONIC.

1 Like

What a stroke of genius to schedule the preliminary quarter-finals for the Thady Quill Cup at one hourly intervals at 4pm, 5pm, 6pm and 7pm. That’s four and a half hours of football for the nation to completely ignore.

2 Likes

A strong St Barnaba’s and Broklyn Shamrocks contingent. They’d probably go well in the Connaught club championships.

Where is this Carlow/NY game on at?

@Turenne

1 Like

Potential 20m viewers in New York.

Think About It GIF by Identity

1 Like

Gaelic Football is greatly entertaining tbf.

Surely NY are due a home game in the next round. I’d nearly convince the missus to go if they draw Limerick

1 Like