Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

Do we know where?

TUSGG

2 Likes

Home advantage for topping their group.

1 Like

@myboyblue we are coming for you

When ye come, can ye take Billy back with ye?

Make that 3pm on Saturday

Well curse a fuck on it.

That’s a ridculous time for a match.

Be grateful you never have to go to a Joe McDonagh game of a Saturday at 1PM in Antrim or Tralee.

I can’t see it selling out now

Wait till they decide to bring ye to Newcastle West to spare the field

What do ye care, ye wont be there again til next year ffs.

What would be the box officiest pairing to follow up Westmeath and cavan with fan bases that take it fairly seriously? Cavan anyway. Meath would be an interesting one. Huge for them to secure a Sam Maguire spot but would the fans be embarrassed to go or celebrate it. Limerick Wexford or antrim wouldn’t help the brand

Fascinatingly random scheduling there yet again.

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson Cup scheduling is as mad as a box of frogs.

1 Like

It’s just hilarious. Why is 3 suitable for Limerick but Navan is 4? What’s the reason for it?

The GAA need a standard for inter county where it’s, say, 5pm and 7pm for Saturday, and 2pm and 4pm on Sunday (just examples).

2 Likes

These are holistic decisions. The GAA have to consider a vast spectrum of factors in as careful and sensitive a manner as possible before plucking a random time out of their hole.

Whether a prestigious Thompson Twins Cup quarter-final is held at 5pm or 5:15pm can make a world of difference to its success as an event.

1 Like

You need to buy into the tailteann cup pal . There’s massive excitement in Carlow Antrim and Laois , good to see

It’s a little thing, but I’d a busy Saturday. Was up at 5am, worked, went to the gym, drove home to Limerick etc but I never once had to check what time Abu Dhabi were playing Inter because I knew it was on at 8. It’s always on at 8. That’s the time it is on. Not 7, or half 7, or half 8, but 8.

If the casual fan KNEW there was gonna be a match on at 5 and another one at 7 of a Saturday evening, he (or she, or they, or xie etc) might actually watch it. Or go to it.

5 Likes

I’m so excited
And I just can’t hide it
I’m about to lose control and I think I like it