Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

I’ve consistently made similar points.

However UEFA confused me terribly there when they moved Champions League kick-offs from 7:45pm to 8pm.

I think when Sky were showing Saturday night games, it was more or less consistently 5pm and 7pm but for some reason this year they’ve made a complete fuck of it. GoGo TV hasnt helped.

I’m convinced they want the whole thing to fail.

I’d like the GAA to go the whole hog with the Tadej Pogacar Cup and go for totally random and bizarre throw in times of 11:37am, 1:49pm, 1:58pm and 3:13pm etc.

This would attract publicity in itself. It would become a national topic of conversation and amusement. People would NOTICE.

Conor Laverty is enhancing his burgeoning coaching reputation here @peddlerscross. Beating Cavan in fortress Kingspan.

2 Likes

Cavan shit the pot again

Laois
Meath
Down

A who’s who of footballing aristocracy in the final 3 of the Tailteann

1 Like

Down will win an Ulster title within the next two years.

An All-Ireland within the next three.

Laverty is the Mourne Shankly.

1 Like

I think you’re drunk on the success of your spock predictions pal.

There’s very much a vibe of a Jim McGuinness or James Horan off Laverty. Somebody who revitalises a county set up, gets the best people on board and committed. You can do great things when you do that. Especially in a county like Down, who when going well think like a big county and see no inherent barrier to success.

6 Likes

It will be lead my lads from Burren too.

Football aristocracy.

1 Like

As brain farts go…

https://twitter.com/thegaacorner/status/1670099023225651201?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like

A couple of points here:

You’d hope the LK chap didn’t swap his jersey for he’ll never see another.
Your man was lucky enough to squeeze it in at the death even if it was a gift.

But as cock-ups go he’s out here on his own for this years award. He’ll never get over it.

The much maligned Bobo Kane with a big save for Down there in Kingspan Breffni Park.

You’d shoot a junior footballer for doing that.

Carlow will never win anything in that comedy Jersey. The look like a court jester ating a aplicer

Ooft

You’re no doubt aware of the origin of the Carlow colours?

“Will”, as in future tense. If I’d said ‘haven’t’…well then…

Well, twas a grand aul adventure while it lasted. Best wishes to Down and Meath in the final.