Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

2-20 is savage scoring in any match but for London that unbelievable.They wouldn’t be the biggest scorers, Offaly must have been pure muck.

It was the silver lining of a difficult weekend for Laois football thats for sure.

One diehard in rathkeale

2 Likes

London brought back down to earth yesterday
Big win for Sligo will help with the +/-
Good win for Antrim away in Wexico
Fermanagh get the job done in Carlow
Kildare look to be taking it seriously
And a decent win for Limerick at home

And the big one today in Aughrim, a notoriously tough place to go.

It’s a hard spot to find anyway

Comfortable win for Laois in Aughrim.

Two one point thrillers today to reduce the average margin in this thrilling round of Thalidomide Cup fixtures to 8.875 points.

Horrendous game of ball. Don’t think we’ll get to Croker.

Might be for the better. The way they tied up is horrifyingly familiar

A thord tier is needed

A turd tier?

1 Like

Having lost their first two group games, Wexford can secure a coveted preliminary quarter final spot in Saturday afternoon’s pivotal clash with fellow basement dwellers Tipperary. Follow me down to Netwatch Dr Cullen Park in Carlow for the 3.30pm throw in. I understand there are unlimited stand & terrace tickets available but you should purchase quickly to avoid disappointment.

The powers that be are bringing Wicklow and Carlow all the way up to Parnell Park for their crunch Tailteann meeting. A bespoke venue in Bunclody or Gorey would be a more suitable venue. Maybe the centre of excellence in Ferns.

We should be very thankful that one of the Nolan brothers from An Tochar saw his late effort drop wide in the Wicklow v Laois game on Sunday week last. The lowest ranked 3rd placed team will miss out on qualification to accommodate New York. So that result means we should be safe enough barring a Carlow win. Although a closer inspection reassured me that Longford would probably need to beat Waterford by upwards of 20 points to catch us (if we beat Tipp).

An absolutely dreadful effort at a point from a mark.

A fine victory for Waterford against Longford. Unlikely to be enough to advance but a memorable season for the much maligned footballers.

Game of the day here in Longford, proper flowing high scoring fare

Longford have really regressed since Paddy Christie took over.

Prior to that, they were ticking along nicely given their population. I always felt that Leitrim could learn a thing or two from them.

1 Like

Eh they have two provincial Trophies

Relegated last year, failed to get promoted this year and lost all their Championship matches.