Take a bow HSE

ā€œ the controversial career civil servant ā€œ

Thatā€™s inaccurate and truly distorts the narrativeā€¦

After graduating from UCD, Watt worked briefly at IDA Ireland before joining the Department of Finance in 1993. In 2000, he resigned from the civil service to work as an economist in the private sector with roles at London Economics and Indecon Economic Consultants. Watt returned to the civil service in 2008, when he was made Assistant Secretary General at the Department of Finance. In 2011, he was appointed by Brendan Howlin as the first Secretary General of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform. He held this post until he became Secretary General of the Department of Health in 2021

I see patients are now called ā€˜service usersā€™ or perhaps thatā€™s only for psychiatric patients or perhaps people in rehab.
Iā€™m not quiet sureā€¦

2 Likes

Ppl r ppl though
This service user American terminology shite should not be allowed to describe a human being

Stakeholders

1 Like

Youā€™re certainly not quiet anyway. Iā€™m quite sure of that. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

The irony :joy:

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1675874148126425089?t=tHQCwmQM5ZSgCbvHEDlL3w&s=19

I read the headline and I thought, typical HSE, but if you read into it, itā€™s 1.3m from a payroll total of 1 billion over that period. Which is something like 0.13%, and theyā€™ve recouped most of it.

3 Likes

Deccie Hannon is busy sorting it out

It revealed that one individual had been overpaid ā‚¬30,210 due to ā€œa late leaving actionā€

Exactly and I guarantee you that the unions would dispute some of what the HSE think was overpaid too. Public sector payroll rules can get quite complex, especially for long term folk on older contracts with red circles entitlements.

Whatā€™s a red circle entitlement?

When FEMPI was introduced in 2010, certain public sector contracts got rehashedā€¦ For example contracts went from 33 to 35 hours, annual leave entitlements were revisited etc etcā€¦ As part of this the unions negotiated that certain entitlements were to be protected. Eg: Good Fridayā€¦ but there were other more nuanced pay related entitlements that were retained too.

Lots of IF ELSE statements thrown into the Gross and Net pay calculations.

1 Like

Ashutosh is all over this.

Sure that might only be a months pay for a consultant

1 Like

Itā€™s something which canā€™t be taken off you. Say you had a shift allowance or some other payment you were receiving for years in work and they decided to change the amounts paid to new starters. Employees with longer service might have the old amount ā€œred circledā€ in their terms but new starters would get a different amount.

3 Likes

A much better explanation :wink:

2 Likes

Ah - the ladder pulling up trick that after theyā€™ve done it, without a hint of shame, pivot into complaints about ā€œtwo-tierā€ salaries :rofl:

1 Like

Barely 1 Tubridy speaking gig