Take a bow HSE

In the civil service there’s a circular on recouping overpayments and there’s no wiggle room on it. Happened me. Could stretch you if it had been over a long period and you’d a good bit to pay back. Knew a Garda years ago who’d been overpaid and they wanted it back from him in a couple of installments. He offered two euro a week and they never came back to him.

It’s not really pulling up the ladder. Red circling can also come into play during mergers or takeovers, it can be easier to leave a group of employees with their existing entitlements rather than trying to change them. Also under the existing TUPE legislation your benefits have to be maintained following a takeover so they may need to be red circled if they can’t be reduced or changed.

3 Likes

Fair point - I’ll keep the TUPE legislation in mind when assessing the acquisitions of HSE departments, public hospitals, schools etc

One of our Ukrainian translators has decided to move back to Ukraine in order to get a GP as his wife is pregnant

1 Like

Irish men now have the highest life expectancy in europe

It’s all the beef & dairy we are consuming.

3 Likes

Didn’t go back to any sport for 10 weeks. Absolutely no issues since. Scars have healed up. There’s a little bit of swelling round the sinuses still but you wouldn’t notice. This is normal and will sort itself out. Going on a plane next week so will see if the plates set off the detectors. I’ve been told they won’t.

3 Likes

Truly one of the greatest countries on the planet

Its the hurling.

Would u blame her

My knees set off the detectors all the time. No big deal. Just adds a couple of minutes through security. Except for the time in Beauvais when I had to take down my trousers to show them my scars.

11 Likes

Might have been posted elsewhere but looks like the HSE are formally taking ownership of a whole bunch of Hospices across the country which have been run on fundraising money for years - Milford announcement below but I know the same applies to some in Wexford. Seems a great move for the nurses and staff as it’ll give them state pensions and far better job security. But seems to raise questions about fundraising now and if they still need to fundraise or if any donations will just go into HSE coffers.

https://twitter.com/MilfordLmkCC/status/1737526592484540837?s=20

2 Likes

Has to be good for a lot of hospices
Especially in low population areas,
My son was in Foyle hospice Derry,
And my bro in our local one in Cork- Marymount ( new one)
Care in both unparalleled

6 Likes

The work that goes on in any hospice I’ve experienced is truly amazing. Hopefully the HSE don’t fuck that up.

5 Likes

I think that they could run better just on fundraising if that situation was to arise,
Fundraising for hospices is a licence to print money, where people might throw a euro in a box they’ll put a 20 for Milford or Marymount (in my areas)

The people who work in the hospices are the absolute best of us.

3 Likes

It’s the same everywhere. Hard to find a family that hasn’t had some relation need hospice or homecare at some stage. Always close to everyone’s hearts

‘No Sir, it is absolutely fine. Please be on your way…there is no need to show us anything…’

‘Powery, unclip the back of my braces for me and stand back…’

3 Likes

Agreed

100 pc