Teachers

Either that or she’s good looking :man_shrugging:

From the Spanish quarter

In a real sliding doors moment/summer transfer window swap I went in the opposite direction to that teacher in the summer of 18. I knew I was leaving a shitshow and it only got worse. It turned out to be a nightmare move for Ms Clancy, for me it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I still have really good friends that work there and what came out yesterday is only a scratch on the surface.

What Ms Clancy is doing is really brave and altruistic. She has found employment since elsewhere but is willing to put her private turmoil and injustice recieved out in in public so that it will expose this fraud of a principal and hopefully be rid of her for her former colleagues.

I know @fenwaypark would know a good bit about this case also. I will also caveat that I have never met Ms Clancy but have very good friends with her in both schools.

19 Likes

She has done a huge service for the existing staff. Serious amount of those type of principals at the moment. The post 08 collapse and the rationalisation that followed has made fertile grounds for cunts like this. Athboy Community School are after landing themselves a right doozy.

1 Like

She could be on the board of RTE.

I have never met her either, but any of my former colleagues I have talked to, speak very highly of her.

4 Likes

28 a week and with meetings be around 30 the wife informs me( Teaches Spanish)

You couldn’t pay teacher enough

How many classes a teacher will teach will depend on class length. Full time teachers teach 22 hours per week. That would be around 30 40/45minute class periods. A lot of schools are moving to one hour classes so that would be 22 classes per week.

A lot of female teachers with young families go on job share. This is basically 11 hours per week teaching. The school will then try employ someone to teach the balance. This enables these teachers around childcare, school collections and so on. Functioning schools will try timetable those on job share to have their classes all in the morning or afternnoon.

What’s the story with the principal in this story? Just one of these lads who tries to be best friends with everyone and ends up being a cunt?

An Dublin woman who had worked in England for years. Got the job on a combination of political and religious connections over other internal and external candidates who were much more suitable. A mix of utter incompetence and shameful arrogance has got her to this point. School has been in numerous negative media articles/scrapes due to her ineffectualness.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. There seems to be a perception that just because you are a teacher then you can automatically be a principal. Air hostesses don’t upgrade to pilots on the basis of spending lots of time on an airplane.

5 Likes

Its mad that principals don’t have to do any form of management training or have qualifications in that space. It’s like a company appointing a CEO with no prior experience.

They kinda do really

1 Like

Like what?

There are a few courses around. Masters in Education/education mgmt.

Those looking mgmt positions would really need them in their locker in order to get one of those posts.

However having a driving license doesn’t make you a good driver.

Teachers are never hired initially on a permanent basis on the back of an interview. They generally have to do 1/2 years to get a permanent contract/CID. This gives the school some time to suss them out. The thing is with a Principal/VP is that they are immovable the second they get in the door.

1 Like

Ah in fairness, principal is a tough gig, especially these days. The wife is an operations manager for a school furniture company and from june to August shes dealing with school principals

I’m sure the good ones equal out the bad ones but all the bad ones seem to have a similar connection of being well related or connected to get the job ahead of better people. But sure maybe that’s life. It’s rare the bad ones don’t get exposed eventually

A lot of companies would have had lads who moved up through the ranks

1 Like

Oh I get that. But they’ll likely be groomed for the position well in advance. Some principals would have more authority and responsibility than many CEO’s with a small percentage of the experience, training and salary. It’s madness when you think of it.

And……