Teachers

A lot of people go on Boards to tick the altruistic box on their CV, they’ve fuxk all interest in it

What they’re told to

3 Likes

Very very little. Whatever the principal tells them in most cases. They are unpaid volunteers.

1 Like

Young lad on RTE 1 there that met Klopp is a brilliant young fella and his parents. You’d meet some great people in it.

2 Likes

There’s the problem right there. The English system breeds some right fucking arrogant cunts from my experience.

2 Likes

Is it in the principal’s interest to get more pupils into the school? Is their pay graded relative to student population?

The school in Johnstown has over 1000 pupils now and the student population has exploded over the past 10 years. I was told that the principal has driven this to increase his own pay packet.

Would be a lot easier to hide your time and apply for a vacant job in a bigger school
Managing building works and the problems that come with that are also in the principals brief.
Obviously managing a 1000 pupil school with that sized staff is very different to a school a quarter that size

In fairness I didn’t read down any further in the article, just thought it was catnip for some lads on here. Shame Fulvio is not here on this occasion.

Yes, principals salary is banded on the number of teachers in the school

Depends on what age you are I’d say. 50 odd with a good pension and the mortgage (bought when things were cheaper) and that’s a fantastic salary.

Won’t get you as far at other ages though. A bit over €5k a month net.

1 Like

Fair play to you swallowing your beliefs and moving to a rugby school!

Not much rugby there anymore

True enough, timing is everything in life

Anyone know anyone working in Gael Colaiste Luimnigh? Apologies for the botched spelling

Cathal King ex Limerick hurler was there, not sure if still is

Yes, he’s still there
Woodwork and Music is a strange mix, and all through Irish.

The new building looks fabulous

Strange mix for sure yeah

https://twitter.com/aidandobrien/status/1771540638569214171?s=46

We need more teachers like Mr O Brien.

1 Like

He used to take students to Aintree for a school tour.

2 Likes

That’s a proper trip.

1 Like