Teachers

Always wondered why he changed his handle from flyingbolt. A proper racing man

1 Like

Still did it up as far as covid times. Not sure if its back on the cards yet. Aidan is part of a lot of former students who formed a syndicate that runs in the blue and white stripes of the school colours.

2 Likes

They’d a horse with Joseph O’Brien in recent years I think

Your heart would go out to him :joy::joy::joy:

“I’ll always be minus those 4 years”

What the 4 years, where he had a higher salary, tax free and his accommodation and travel paid for?

Norma Foley was right when she said yesterday that the last thing they want to be doing is incentivising newly qualified teachers to leave and work abroad

20 Likes

The absolute entitlement. Fuck off away again you lump of shite

3 Likes

I’m incredibly lucky to have a 5 minute commute to school, a lady here on radio with a two hour commute, that’s really rough, you’d be tired and annoyed before you ever stood in front of the kids

1 Like

The incremental pay scale must be unrale if the 4 lost years cost him a chance at a mortgage ?

Nasty nasty stuff of a Wednesday.

1 Like

I do an hour but like the school. Tis mad really. You could go somewhere very near home and be unhappy depending. Its a very personal job and thank god we are off a lot.

4 Likes

Our primary school started this last week. It’s unreal.

Hot school meals for additional 900 primary schools from today Hot school meals for additional 900 primary schools from today

5 Likes

What sort of lunch break do the kids get so? In my day, it was 15 minutes at 11 o clock and 30-40 minutes at lunch depending on the weather and you’d eat your lunch out in the yard. Are lunch breaks extended to accommodate hot dinners being served?

1 Like

From what I can gather the secretary delivers the hot meals to classrooms before lunch. These are premade /prepacked so it’s not a canteen type dinner. So it’s no different time wise to taking out their lunchbox.

I havent actually seen them but the children were very happy with them.

4 Likes

Green Party proposes daily hot meal for every schoolchild – The Irish Times

Great to see one of our longstanding policies expanding

1 Like

Will be forgotten about soon enough, as all expansion of benefits are.

1 Like

We’d get 15 minutes at 11 o clock in which time we’d all pile around to Michael Connollys shop to buy a cream bun or a bit of Chester Bread if the buns were all gone. In later years we’d go over to Seanie Browns to buy a single cigarette and a match. Seanie Brown was the image of the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, only more menacing.
At lunch we’d get an hour because most of the boys went home for their dinner, so it was only the rural types and the lads from South Kilkenny who ate their lunch in the lunchroom in the school.

4 Likes

I assume this will start out with good intentions but ultimately result in Aramark type slop that is handed out in direct provision centres.

1 Like

I think there’s preferred supplier list and the schools pick whoever they want from that, so hopefully that should keep it competitive.

1 Like

If our school is anything to go by it will lead to unprecedented amounts of food being scraped into bins all over the country, it might start out well but they won’t be long getting fed up of the limited menu, kids are pickier eaters than ever I’d say

6 Likes

Better than not providing it?