Technical advice

To summarise:
Yes
Yes indeed it’s very easy.
No it’s extremely complicated.
Go to Boots instead.

They’re both closed, fuck sake, it’s Thursday night :man_shrugging:

You seem to need it urgently - Boots in the Crescent is probably open until 9. No idea if they have photo facilities though.

1 Like

O’Sullivans Pharmacy in the city centre open late and do photos if you need them urgently, you might need to email them in or something though.

1 Like

It’s a piece of piss.

Thanks

Free prints app is handy 45 photos a month and you only pay postage. Not sure abou the data as printing is free. I can only assume my photos are being used in China to advertise erectile dysfunction tablets or something

1 Like

I need to make a video using my desktop where I present my screen for part of it, doesn’t seem as straightforward as I thought, I’m used to doing it on zoom or Google meets and thought it would be simple. Help please

Looper I think.

You can record a meeting / presentation in Zoom / Google Meet. Just work away as normal on your own and use that?

1 Like

Good call, I should have thought of that, cheers :+1:

1 Like

I got a good tip there recently that I’m prepared to share with fellow forum members.

If you’re searching for advice on the old internet, be it technical or otherwise, and that out of date @Ceist can’t or won’t answer you, your best option is to stick ‘forum’ on the end of the search string. This gives you results from like minded people and hopefully away form all the adds and targeted junk or ‘clickbait’ as Flatty would call it. It works a dream. Saves time. Gets you the info you want.

You might even get a tfk hit…

1 Like

That’s a great tip, habanerocat! Using the word “forum” in your search string can definitely help you find more relevant and helpful results from other people who have had similar experiences. Another option could be to search for specific forums related to the topic you’re interested in, as they can often be a great source of information and advice.

1 Like

Lads - has anyone experience of Action cameras?

I’m looking to get one to use for an upcoming family holiday to have in the pool to get photos/videos of the kids etc. That being said, once I have it I’d use it for other sports too in time.

I’ve gone online and there are a baffling array of options. Basically it seems to boil down to:

GoPro range. The GoPro 8 has a pretty good deal online but obviously the 9/10/11 are presumably better (but pricier)

Cheap and cheerful. There are one or two cameras in the €100-150 range. Reviews seem mixed suggesting quality isn’t as good as GoPro or other top end brands but unclear how much of a real difference that makes

Insta360 - The Insta 360 ones, particularly the RS, look class with things like invisible selfie stick, bullet time etc. Fairly pricey when you get all the bits though.

Anyone got any of these or can offer any suggestions?

@Locke and the cycling crew should be able to help. They can’t leave the house without these things to record their outrage

9 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy is the man to answer this I think.

He documents his commute

3 Likes

I certainly do not fall into this category. In fact I have had Twitter spats with the lunatic who cycles from Carrigaline through Douglas and posts five clips a week about cars trying to take him out. He still doesn’t get it that they are actually out to get him.

2 Likes

sorry bro, I’m waiting until I’m financially rewarded for snitching on cagers before I get one

The GoPro does the invisible selfie stick as well.

I’d say don’t go all in with bits you may not need day one. The young lad bought one and has never used it much. That said it’s all he used on holidays, once. A camera he bought is still sitting there.

So make sure you have some easy way to store and transfer the images and watch them from time to time on a tv. Otherwise you’ll never get the proper use out of it.

1 Like

Anybody know what these are?
The left item is the assembly of the other two parts.

They have been lying around the garage for years. Came in the boot of a boy-racer car the young lad bought years ago. So might be automotive @carryharry? They look like they might be of value but it’s hard to even give them away if I can’t describe them.

Made from anodised aluminium I’d say.