Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

Not PC but true

So you do support radical fundamental Islamists? i still think my approach might work better long term than yours of hiding under the bed and pretending itā€™s not happening. You fairly went running when I questioned your bizarre rant stating American cops were murderous 18th century slave holders the other day. Does it make you feel good to scream nazi at people while refusing to offer any suggestions as to how the issue might be resolved. Do you realise you seem unable to write like an adult on almost all contentious issues on this site.

@glasagusban, do you have any suggestions on how the situation should be resolved.

Genuine query

This:

Followed by this:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Eh get in line, @hbv is still waiting for him to answer the itinerant problem.

Yes. To be honest I donā€™t think I could do it justice in a post here, itā€™s too big. Thereā€™s no magic bullet. Thereā€™s a plethora of actions needed, long and short term, domestic and international. I donā€™t see the point in bothering to debate with the hang em high brigade like @maroonandwhite and @anon7035031 (but it is simple enough and fun to point out how dumb a lot of the stuff theyā€™re saying is) let alone Projectfuckhead or some of the other dimwits. Iā€™d be better off bating my head off the wall repeatedly, the yeehaws donā€™t understand anything but ā€œbomb the fuck out of themā€ or ā€œboots on the groundā€.

@maroonandwhite: ā€œwe should kill people while arresting themā€
Me: ?
@maroonandwhite: how dare you shriek nazi at me

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

All wind and piss as usual. Spoofer.

And motorway accidents

I covered that one. @mac was stitched up like a kipper.

Ok then, send in the marines. Happy now?

+1. What a fucking cop out. Same as always.

Factually incorrect. A blatant lie in fact.

So after days of dodging an answer he come up withā€¦nothing. What a spoofer. And he still refuses to condemn Islamic terrorists, thinking that people who think freaks who behead children should be shot at sight are nazis. Just like those slave holding 18th century American cops who drive around shooting people indiscriminately. What an Internet collapse.

Theyā€™ve spent 100 billion dollars in the last three decades funding the spread of Wahhabism abroad.

100 billion dollars that the West gave them.

2 Likes

Are the kids to be beheaded before or after he thinks they should be allowed have a sex change?

2 Likes

Ret Gen Jack Keane has told the US Congress special committee that they should put 10,000 Special Ops on the ground and blitz ISIS and not worry about civilian casualties.

Iā€™d call for help boxty. Tassoti would be my go to man here.

1 Like

I find myself mostly in agreement with you, and agree the problem requires a multifaceted approach if there is any hope of success. I would argue however that the West have not taken ISIS seriously enough, the same mistake as with Al Qaeda before 9/11. Al Qaeda were allowed to set up their training bases in Afghanistan, recruit from other countries, and the West turned a blind eye to it until it was too late. I also agree airstrikes alone are ineffective and can be counterproductive. It will take boots on the ground, if nothing else to increase the efficiency of targeted airstrikes / drone strikes. While Bush/Blair completely lost their way with the Iraq invasion (Iraq was not a threat and could have been an ally against Al Qaeda, distasteful as Saddam might have been), Obamaā€™s administration has been completely disjointed and lacking in focus.

The West and the more moderates countries in the ME should state unequivocally that radical Islam is not welcome in their societies. Enough pandering, moderate Muslims also have to embrace the philosophy. Just as we donā€™t allow other hate speech/crimes, there needs to be zero tolerance for those that advocate bringing society back to the 7th century and advocate killing those that disagree. Fuck religious freedom if it involves allowing hate speech. There has to be a military option though to reduce the ability of ISIS to function, similar to the Afghan campaign after 9/11. Unless all developed and semi-developed nations get on board though it wonā€™t succeed.

1 Like

The irony is that Saudi Arabia is Franceā€™s closest ally in the Middle East and that is why France is so anti-Assad. The Saudisā€™ policy is their policy.

France has just agreed a deal with the Saudis worth $12b to provide them with military helicopters, boats, nuclear reactors and other infrastructure.

Thereā€™s also a neat symmetry between the 129 dead in Paris and the $1.29b worth of bombs the US has just sold to the Saudis.

1 Like

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Good article here about the religious underpinning and appeal they hold. Itā€™ll have to be Arab boots on the ground as much as westerners, while the majority of Muslims are of course decent and abhor this cult, there are many all around the world who have been taken in by it. The ringleaders need to be destroyed and then moderate Muslim leaders supported as they urge people to reconcile. At the risk of repeating myself this is a hard sell to the policy makers who are too afraid, and as this thread shows justifiably so, of being labelled nazis when coming up with measures to defeat real, nazi like evil that Isis have displayed. Hereā€™s an Islamic cleric warning of it

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/leading-irish-muslim-warns-isis-operating-in-ireland-and-authorities-not-doing-enough-to-combat-threat-30582764.html

The major problem is itā€™s an ideological conflict. The attackers in France or around Europe over the past few months didnā€™t receive a message from Isis saying right do this and this, they are most likely lone cell, following the ideology which Isis can claim afterwards as a co ordinated victory. Massive surveillance needed, but whatā€™s also needed is the assistance of the Islamic communities they come from. There has to be public denouncement of attacks but more crucially private denouncement in mosques. This will never happen in the radicalised mosques which are breeding grounds for terrorism and should be closed immediately. Some of the simpler pc folk on here might not be able to realise that Isis are the exact same as the nazis but do not speak for all Muslims, but do for some of them.