Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

They’re robots? :eek::eek::eek:

This needs to be called out as the pathetically lame effort it is.

[QUOTE=“Lazarus, post: 1069187, member: 286”]Dunno why that attatchment appeard on my previous comment but on Satire, here are a couple of Punch cartoons from the olden days
[ATTACH=full]2162[/ATTACH]

[SIZE=3]At least we never got thick about it cos you know, we believed in free speech and all that other funky good stuff[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Slightly different context, mate. Paddy was made out to be an ape to excuse colonialism and the proselytising efforts of the Brits- We were rendered hapless over a number of centuries by these efforts- Most of the cartoons regarding Islam are attacking extremism— anyway, how many Punch staff members were knocked off?

Agreed. The satire wouldn’t be edgy if no one got offended by it. It’s the level of reaction as opposed to the level of offense that is the issue here.

The Irish Times effort

I’m going on a friend who lived there. They are susceptible to alcoholism, but other than that he felt it was a great place.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1069220, member: 109”]The Irish Times effort

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B60t_pJIIAAP2Gk.jpg[/QUOTE]

They’d make you sick- they haven’t the balls or integrity to report what’s truthfully going on in Ireland but will hop on this bandwagon.

The bigger picture here is of course the war on terror. The attack on the cartoonists is just a symptom of that. It is a war, being actively engaged in for years across the globe by countless governments, terrorist organizations and security agencies. This is not just some over-reaction to a cartoon, it is a calculated strategic strike against what is(in the terrorists eyes) a legitimate target. People who are so outraged by this attack on free speech need to get real. Most governments couldn’t give a flying fuck about free speech and will always find ways to curtail it if they feel it is in their interest to do so. The Islamic extremists certainly couldn’t give a flying fuck, there is a much deeper backdrop to what is going on here

I’m not disputing any of that, pal.All I know is that when the time comes i’ll be putting in to serve with an American unit. I’m not taking orders from no cockney cunt, they took our spuds.

Pot, kettle, black

On the contrary, the vast majority of my efforts are as sharp as an ISIS executioner’s blade and display an unrivalled biting, satirical wit and knowledge of popular culture and world events, which means they fly a considerable distance over your head.

that must be the most misinterpreted speech in the history of the world …a genius using allegories that sailed way over the heads of the great unwashed…

They were unwashed due to swimming in rivers of blood.

Was he a helicopter pilot by any chance?

Ha ha. Fuck no, just a crazy cunt.
Wants to live off the grid. He’s not crazy for that, but just nuts in general, try anything. He’d try and fly a helicopter back to collect me to go drinking in Greenland if they gave him one.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1069250, member: 273”]Ha ha. Fuck no, just a crazy cunt.
Wants to live off the grid. He’s not crazy for that, but just nuts in general, try anything. He’d try and fly a helicopter back to collect me to go drinking in Greenland if they gave him one.[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty out there but mad in a good way.

:oops:Up until today, I thought Greenland was uninhabited.

Care to expand?

What you are missing there on the right hand side is the progression from camels & swords to tanks & TQW missiles