Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

anyone that goes to Brussels is nuts

How long before they nuke Shannon?

Iā€™d imagine once there finished the road works in gort

Would it even be noticeable if they did?

4 Likes

I have recently attended many meetings in Brussels for Ireland Inc and have gone through Zaventem airport

I was informed of the dangers but, in the words of Brian Lenihan Jr after the emergency budget in 2008, I did my patriotic duty.

4 Likes

Have they not done that already?

Seriously. It would be a waste of time to attack Shannon. We walked through the airport last Monday and bar ourselves there was only the two security guards manning the bag scanner. We were out of the car and sitting in the departure lounge within 10 minutes.

10 dead on the metro

The most useless clichĆ©s used by news outlets after all attacks. ā€œIt is feared the number of casualties may riseā€ ffs you just told us there was 40 injured in an explosion of course it could rise.

23 dead now

Hopefully the statue will survive the attack.

Possibly even more shocking that ming was actually in Brussels.

2 Likes

I was in that departure hall three weeks ago. You come up the stairs from the train and you enter the hall through automatic doors. The way up from the train was crawling with armed police and there were three more armed police when you enter the departure hall. It begs the question what can armed police achieve in a situation where an attacker simply walks into a throng and blows himself up. It doesnā€™t even seem to have a deterrent effect.

1 Like

Itā€™s all Donaldā€™s faultā€¦
https://twitter.com/mojobynum/status/712209526691332096

Any idea yet who are behind these attacks?

The bad guys

Do the bad guys belong to a peaceful religion?

Might have been no one killed in the metro attack according to some other newspaper now.

Itā€™s just like the transfer window. Speculate, speculate, speculate. People might not have been killed, but that also means they might have.

A lot of security in airports is theatre. Phones and laptops out, shoes off, liquids etc.

The armed police stop a shooting or knife attack I suppose but more importantly makes people feel safer.

I remember they used to screen bags at door into Dublin airport but all that does is move queue and target outside.

Brexit moved a step closer today

Controlled explosion of a suspect package in Brussels