Test Match Cricket

A Tipp jersey with Finches orange logo?

Small enough subgroup.

Australia v South Africa starts this evening. The preview on the Guarduan ends “strap in”. This should be good.

Australia win the toss and elect to bat

Surprised that Cameron Bancroft was retained after a very undistinguished Ashes series against a toothless England attack. Philander has just dismissed him for 5. 21/1.

1 Like

There was a feeling they were chopping and changing too much with new lads and haf to give them time to settle.
In saying that, I can’t Bancroft lasting much longer. But he’ll be back.
Khawaja went for a really stupid shot. Warner hit a 50 and Philander just got him out. 95 / 3 at lunch. Advantange South Africa

Big wicket for South Africa last ball before lunch, Philander dismissing Warner. 95/3.

Philander’s bowled beautifully

Spin the undoing of Steve Smith. Big bottom edge and Maharaj picks up the big wicket just as Smith was beginning to motor on 56. 151/4.

Australia all out for 351.

Mitchell Starc rips through South Africa, swinging the ball all over the place, taking 5 wickets as SA are skittled for 162.

South Africa have scored 9 runs and lost 2 wickets since I sat down to watch this an hour ago.

If it was England they would be all out by now.

Some good resistance from SA now, 127 / 4 and Markram on 71, playing very well after weathering many storms.it’s been a terrific performance by Australia though.

Two key patches of the game, putting on 100 for the last three wickets in the first innings and Starc’s spell of reverse swing to go through the Saffer lower middle order and tail. Saffer record in Durban is atrocious, I’d back them to come back from this and be more competitive in PE. Aussie attack might just be too good for them though.

Century from Markram, 50 for De Kock. Decent signs of fight from the younger batsmen

This has become surprisingly entertaining and interesting. 145 left to get, these two looking good. New ball due in a few overs

Markram gone

Starc runs through the tail again. None down, and in a classic ridiculous ‘only in cricket’ move, the umpires decide it’s too dark for anything other than spin. Smith bowling himself now to try and wrap it up this evening.

South Africa needed the big stand a lot higher up the order than the 6th wicket. Australia were only ever one wicket away from the tail.