Test Match Cricket

England 9/2. Cummins removes Roy and Root with successive deliveries.

England in big trouble now. Two quick wickets 71/4. Lead of just 79.

Any idea of the weather forecast tomorrow? Will the Aussies have enough time.

Few showers forecast but nothing major. Australia will have plenty of time to win this if they bowl England out cheaply.

Rain brings stumps five minutes early. England 96/4. Lead of 104. At least Buttler hung in there for last hour despite being horribly out of sorts. If there’s a full days play tomorrow, England will need to bat for at least another 35-40 overs to get a draw.

Great opening stand by Sri Lanka to be 133/0 at close on day 4. It’s been a cracker of a test match

Concussion of the neck?

1 Like

Similar to the ball that killed his friend Kim Hughes I’d imagine.
Apparently it was one of the greatest contests since Alan Donald and Michael Atherton

Kim Hughes is very much alive and kicking. They showed him in the crowd during the first test.

I think he means Phillip Hughes?

That’s the lad. Was hit at the base of the skull iirc, though it may have been a deflection.

Smith out of rest of test with concussion could also miss 3rd test

Some very misogynistic commentary there from Bumble.

What did he say?
There’s a lass who commentates the cricket who isn’t bad at all.
Did you see the last episode of last chance U?
I wouldnt bother, it’s shite, with pretty much everyone in it unlikeable, bar one running back who gets concussed, and it’s scary. It’s sobering viewing.

You’ll be bringing @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy onto you again there. He didn’t agree with the Sandpaper concussion diagnosis.

Australia hang on for a draw.

England win the toss and elect to bowl.

Dunno where it is, but it’s fcuking freezing in manc.

headingley

Three quick England wickets in 11 deliveries, two for Archer and one for Broad and Australia have slumped from 136/2 to 139/5.