Test Match Cricket

Lights are all on now. It’s getting very dark. Terrific rearguard action by tailender Craig Overton here to have negotiated 81 deliveries.

191/8.

Play is held up for James Leach to clean his glasses which have become steamed up.

I’m surprised how much heavy work Australia are making of cleaning up the tail here. It’s 2 hours 45 minutes now since the 6th wicket of Bairstow fell.

195/8 after 85 overs with another 20 overs left.

I’m off to walk the dog. Should be over by the time I’m back.

Wtf?

You are deserting the England and wales cricket team

England need to move this Overton window outside the limits of what you’d normally expect

I’ll be with them in spirit. As a fellow dog lover and owner, I’m sure you’ll appreciate, canine commitments have to come before watching sport on television.

Compelling viewing here, a dinger from Lyon just there. I feel Boris is at the crease here, if Eng could somehow hold on, Boris can hold on against the anti-democratic forces aligned against him.

17 overs left

92 balls

Keep me posted on it. I’ll be keeping an eye on it on the phone. Be back in half an hour.

It’s 102 balls by my maths, not 92 but the tension is getting to everyone at this stage. An understandable mistake to make. A bit like a tired Jos Buttler leaving that Josh Hazelwood delivery that clipped off stump.

You weren’t aware your dog needed a walk until the closing stages of the test match?

As somebody who once got the target of 976 with six small numbers on Countdown, I’m disgusted with myself

16 left

Aussie players yawning now

South Africa!!

Labuschange has Leach dancing here

Ah balls. Leach gone

15 left. Broad in, when’s the last time he has lasted 15 overs, been a while I imagine.

14 left. Hazelwood back in

Gone. Reviewed

Plum as you like. Australia retain.