Test Match Cricket

They have an excellent batting lineup. There are just too many out of form

Australia’s batting line up has been quite ordinary for a while now. Hugely reliant on Steven Smith and Warner, albeit Warner struggles to replicate home form outside of Australia. It’s been a general theme across the board though in test cricket for a few years now that bowlers seem to have the upperhand on batsmen. Maybe that’s just an inevitable consequence after a golden generation of batsmen of the calibre of Tendulkar, Dravid, Hayden, Ponting, Kallis, Inzaman, Lara, Cook and Piersrsen.

1 Like

They’ve all scored well at one time or another.

Cook :grinning:

Mohammed Youssef, Sangakara, Andy Flower all as good as anyone on that list bar Lara, Sachin and possibly Ricky

Too many batsmen concentrating on the white ball who lack the patience and temperament for test cricket.

1 Like

Cook was imperious in an away ashes series, and excellent in a series in India, and was a cornerstone in his sides’ rise to number one. His record latterly as Captain and batsman sullied this a little, but in his heydey he was as good as anything out there. Not as talented, but as good. An away ashes series is a very good yardstick.

2 Likes

Imperious as well when England won the 5 test series in India in 2012. Cook was a proper test opening batsman. A dying breed now.

2 Likes

brilliant game in the Gabba
australia 9/355 morning day 2
kerry “skull” o keeffe, Warney and Adam “Gilly” Gilchtist have just entered the commentary box.
3 of the most understated and modest individuals in sport

2 Likes

Warney is a superb analyst
Giilly and Skull taking the piss out of the Indians

“what do you think of siraj mohommed’s shades Skull?, straight out of a service station?”

“did he buy flowers with those Warney?”

Who is broadcasting it, Sky?

The last test was epic. Indian lad nearly won it from an impossible position before he got out and the lads then dug in. Aussies went ballistic. Sledging, abusing and generally cheating. That little weasel Steve Smith was caught scratching over the batsman’s mark by the stump camera. What an oily lying little cunt he is. Either man up, and take your punishment and keep going, or squeal like a little bitch in front of the world and then behave. Steve of course did the blubbering and the snowflake contrition, and has gone straight back to cheating.

1 Like

Joe root got 228 in Sri Lanka

The Aussies are cunts but I still cheer for them against the Poms. New Zealand are the most likeable good team out there

I love India. I like NZ. I cheer for anyone against the Aussies, as big a shower of whining cheating cunts as has ever played the game. Recently they’ve added extreme self righteousness to their arsenal.

4 Likes

That Justin Langer is a right little cunt.

2 Likes

Dizzy Gillespie is a thoroughly alright sort by all accounts.

A gent I’d say

1 Like

no.
channel 9 australia via the South African supersport channel.
gilly warney and skull are some combination in the box with lovely anecdotes about themselves …
“you’d be screaming in this fellas ear all day gilly…telling him to get back to the pavilion and put the rice on…”

3 Likes