Test Match Cricket

Never heard a bad word said about him. If the Aussies were genuinely interested in playing honourably, they’d have appointed him.
He should have got the England job.

“yourself and Mark Boucher enjoyed lunch Warney id imagine”

cue loud guffaws

Just found it there. There’s a South African football league game about to start.

its superb
no ad breaks either unlike BT who are driving bet365 into your face every over

1 Like

You forgot to mention the New South Wales constabulary having to intervene as the home crowd were racially abusing the India players. The change of culture that was promised after the ball tampering in South Africa didn’t last too long. Smith should have been thrown out of test cricket for good after that particular episode.

Who are the Australia cricket supporters on this forum?

I used to be, but until Smith, Warner and Langer are gone, they can fuck off, the cheating bastards.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @Special_Olympiakos

I met Kerry at a function a few years ago. He is fucking hilarious. An absolutely lovely bloke, one of those people who is genuinely interested in everyone around him. He is very generous with his time to cricket clubs all over NSW, he just loves the sport and wants to help it, in particular developing talented players.
He is as funny in real life as in his commentary (I’ve actually met him since and his humour is getting more ribald aa he gets older).
Greg “Mo” Matthews was at the same function and they had to be kept away from each othern for fear of inducing heart attacks, another very, very funny man.

1 Like

It just never gets old

2 Likes

The miniature bat I got from that function signed by Skull ( he actually asked me if I wanted him to sign my breasts, even though I wasn’t that good looking and didn’t really have breasts).
Dougie Walters signed it as well. Dougie had a good few sherberts on board and waa atbthe slurring speech stage, but he had given a very entertaining speech earlier, concentrating on his love of playing the West Indies).
Some other bloke who played a few tests for Australia signed it as well, but I haven’t a clue who he was and he was extremely boring.

2 Likes

What does the average fair dinkum Aussie think of them?

A lot of people lost interest after the ball tampering and just stopped following them. Most genuine cricket people I know at our club (not that I have much involvement there anymore) just gave up.
But for everyone else, the attitude is that every other team cheats anyway and Australia is no worse than anyone.
It’s the typical Australian, insular mindset, absolutely no concept or interest in what the rest of the world thinks.

2 Likes

You previously championed Langer and his coaching credentials and called for him to be restored to the coaching set up?

mark waugh has joined skull and gilly now
164 /5 chasing 369
box office

195/6…
India need a big one from Thakur now at 8…

They’ve done well India, considering it’s pretty much their second team. Their bowling attack had bowled something like 16 test overs between them prior to this series

They have just 3 players starting 4th test who started the 1st test in Adelaide. Done to the bare bones. Decimated by injuries and Kohli going on paternity leave. Bit of rain about seemingly for last two days so India still Have prospects of the draw they need to retain the Border/Gavaskar Trophy.

India should have a few of the fast bowlers back for the England test. Jadeja certain to miss the first two tests.

They’ve a lad who did brilliantly with the bay yesterday was only there to bowl in the nets and make Tae.